emperor and boundaries

BrightEye

It would seem from what I've read in this forum that the Emperor can either mean to keep within existing boundaries or to call the shots and make the rules, which would be transgressing existing boundaries. A while ago I drew this card as 'what to do' about something or other. Well, I haven't done anything because I can't decide on the meaning. I drew another card asking why I should act like the Emperor. That card was the Sun.

I can read this two ways:

1) Do something because it will make you happy.
2) Don't act because things are good as they are.

I'm more inclined to go with 2), but that's because I'm a chicken. Way back when - when I was pushed out of my comfort zone - the Emperor kept showing up in my readings, which would point to 1). Hmmm... I'm a Libra, can you tell? I don't know how to do this poll thingy, but would you go with 1) or 2)?

Mellifluous

Something closer to 1.

If the question was why you should act, I don't really see how you got 'you shouldn't act'. The question itself assumes you should...

Maybe you should ask for outcomes if you do and if you don't.

BrightEye

Thanks, M. Not acting is an action, no? That's how I thought about anyway. But maybe that's confusing.

Thirteen

BrightEye said:
Thanks, M. Not acting is an action, no? That's how I thought about anyway. But maybe that's confusing.
The "not acting is action" doesn't really work with the Emperor. He may be firm on his throne, but he's a very take charge guy. He's not, like the Fool or the Wheel, say, telling you to just let things happen. He's telling you to take charge.

I think the cards are telling you "Take charge and make decisions. This will renew your energy."

Mellifluous

You're welcome. I think that might work if the question was how you should act, but you were clarifying why you should act like the card previously drawn (Emporer).

Either way, good luck! :)

BrightEye

Thirteen said:
I think the cards are telling you "Take charge and make decisions. This will renew your energy."
That sounds so straight forward! It certainly would release a lot of stuff I've kept bottled up for a long, long time...

GreenMoonBeam

BrightEye,

The Emperor never transgresses existing boundaries. He is proactive in making
new boundaries. The Emperor has power and is actively in control.
So as Thirteen says 'Go get them,Girl'.

GMB!

BrightEye

How do you make new boundaries without transgressing old ones?

GreenMoonBeam

By the very definition of the word :transgression. Loosely translated it means
crossing the law. The Emperor MAKES those laws. Since it is the Emperor
I am saying this as a fair and just law which is relevant to your question.

xhollysue

If the current laws/boundaries weren't already being trangressed, you'd have no reason to redefine them.

So, if you feel like you're losing control, reset the boundaries.

If you feel like you're just choosing to ignore the boundaries, it would mean stop ignoring the boundaries.

Either way he's saying it's time to stabilize and get a grip. Whether you follow predefined laws or establish your own, it's time for order. Identify what you believe in, don't budge! It doesn't matter if its someone else's rule or your own, as long as you believe in it enough to hold on tight!

---

The Sun card is telling you that by establishing a foundation, you'll experience more freedom.

Quite literally, "The wise man built his house upon a rock." Pick a rock or pour cement - either way. Then build on it. THEN you'll be free like the Sun.