Emperor as a Relationship?

AllyBerry

What does it mean for the relationship to be the Emperor? The relationship is the boss? There is a struggle for power between two people who want things their way. :( I don't know. The only interpretation that I have ever been able to fit to this card is: He is the boss. Things his way. Please help. Has anybody else ever experienced this card under this context?

Thank you so much in advance for your time and thoughts.

Ally.

Girl Archer

Hi, I think this could indicate a relationship between two very strong, fiery individuals, both of whom would like to "wear the pants" in the relationship and there might be some power conflict within the relationship subsequently. Also, it could be that the two together as a couple could be very powerful and unstoppable.

AllyBerry

I think you are right on this, Girl Archer. Unfortunately for me, I think that the more awesome meaning, power couple, does not apply in my situation. HA! Thanks for your help. I was already thinking in this direction, but it is so nice to have somebody else to confirm. Have a great day!

Girl Archer

Thanks for your help. I was already thinking in this direction, but it is so nice to have somebody else to confirm. Have a great day!

thanks, you too :)

nisaba

I diasgree with some of the above - the reading was for teh relationship, not for any member of the relationship. What is the Emperor? Very strong, very settled, very secure. You can't ask better than that in a relationship.

Thirteen

I diasgree with some of the above - the reading was for teh relationship, not for any member of the relationship. What is the Emperor? Very strong, very settled, very secure. You can't ask better than that in a relationship.
Nisaba has a really good point. It's really important to be clear what a card is about, and as she points out, this isn't about the couple or either individual but the relationship.

The Emperor isn't about going to war to get an Empire, it's about organizing and maintaining the Empire after it's been won. The Emperor is about seeing the big picture, about being organized and as Nisaba says, secure. So the card says that the relationship is past it's early stages when things were uncertain, when there were battles and weaknesses. It knows what it's got that it wants to maintain, knows how to avoid problems, and it knows what it wants to improve and how to improve it. :)