Empress = weakness????

Haley

I performed the Niche spread that I got from the spreads section of the Aeclectic Tarot forum and though most of it was really easy to understand I was surprised by one thing. I drew The Empress as my weakness card and I feel stumped because I've always seen the Empress as a positive card. She was not reversed or anything so what gives? How can the Empress foretell a person's weakness?

sparkles

maybe overly protective or a tendency to do too much for people even when they don't want it. I often think a mother who finds it hard to let her kids grow up and be independent as a good analogy.

MandMaud

Too indulgent ... which could be what Sparkles said, OR could be self-indulgent, bad at resisting the chocolate ;) or even lazy.

Thirteen

Moderator Note: Your Interpretation?

I drew The Empress as my weakness card and I feel stumped because I've always seen the Empress as a positive card. She was not reversed or anything so what gives? How can the Empress foretell a person's weakness?
Greetings, Haley, and welcome to Aeclectic Tarot.

This is quick, moderator reminder that when posting about a reading in Using Tarot Cards or Your Readings you, the OP, need to offer your interpretation of what the card(s) mean. We know you're stumped—which is why you're asking for help—but we need you to at least guess at what it could mean. This is a requirement, and threads where the OP does not provide an interpretation risk being closed. So please edit your original post or add to this thread with your thoughts ASAP.

And, no, stating that you see the card as positive/negative is not enough. What weakness do YOU think the upright Empress might indicate?

Don't forget to return feedback to all of those who respond :) For more details on our posting guidelines, see here:
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=204174
There is also a Q&A thread here:
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=204175

Thank you for your time, understanding and patience.
Thirteen co-moderator Using Tarot Cards