energy in online readings

Emelya

i am fairly new to tarot. i have been having a great time learning the cards and practicing spreads for myself, but there are very few people in my physical life right now who are open to having me read for them. i want to practice reading for others and that is part of why i joined this forum. one question or problem i have though is how do you get a feeling for the querents energy in online readings? i suppose you can get some sort of feeling of the querents energy by reading some of their posts and meditating on their screen name or avatar. but when some one has few posts or an indistinctive screen name i imagine it may become difficult. what are some of the methods you more experienced readers use to get a good feel for an online querents energy?

also i do not have enough logged posts or time yet to get in to the reading exchange forum. is there another forum here (or anywhere i suppose) where it would be appropriate for me to practice reading for others?

silmarillion

a good way of getting a feel for a person is to do a short spread in order to find out what kind of person they are!

card 1..representing the querent as a whole person
card 2..current life direction
card three..their triumphs in life...what they hold dear
card 4 ......their tribulations......their negative aspects
card 5 ....spritual path in life]
card 6 ....longterm goals
card 7 ....those surrounding the querent
card 8 ....how should i direct the reading...ie what do they want to know

picking up gineau pigs to practice on is not so difficult. i have the opposite problem to you. tell a few people and say you are open to do readings. make sure they realize what the tarot is about....some people see it as being satanic/ a thing to be taken literally/ they think they are going to find out that they are going to die or their house is going to burn down.
you can do a reading for me if you want and you can use all the artistic liscence you want!

Emelya

silmarillion thank you for the suggestions. do you have any specific ways that you pick up the energy from some one you only know online?

thank you for offering to be my guinea pig. i will read for you as soon as i get back from the beach :)

silmarillion

reading online is very difficult , especially when you start out. i see tarot reading as being

50% knowledge of the cards, look at them from a few perspectives and form your own ideas!

10% knowledge of general symbology,

30% reading the person sitting in front of you and applying what you see to the meanings of the cards. what are they doing, what kind of emotional vibes are they giving out...what do they want to know etc

5% intuition (and other psychic gifts if youve got them)
5% formulating your own interpretations!

what do i do when i cant see the person....i hear you ask?
is it possible to have a wee chat to them online? get them to submit three main questions they want answered....talk...tarot reading is a two way thing. its not a show and tell!

if none of that is possible do my spread as outlined above and youll get a feel for them.you could do it in addition to talking to them. meditate on those 8 cards for a while prior to doing the spread.try to build up a picture of their life in your mind. tell them youll e mail them the reading so you can take your time.... any one way reading is going to be a bit vague and non specific though unless you are unduelly psychic.

Sulis

When I'm doing an on-line reading I like to know the person's name, where they are in the world and their date of birth - this gives me quite enough to concentrate on - that and the question of course :)

Once you've been a member for a week and have 25 posts (very easy to get around here) you'll be able to access the Reading Exchange. There is a newbies reading circle in there, I'd recommend you join it - it's great for confidence building and it really helps you to see that on-line readings really do work.

Love

Sulis xx

Citrin

While shuffling I visualise energy coming from the part of the world the querent lives in, into my hands, into the cards... I also keep the screen name in mind. That's usually enough for me. I've done some online readings with excellent results (as well as got some great ones myself!), so I'm very fond of them.

Emelya

thank you for the input sulis and citrin.

sulis, i will certainly join the newbies reading exchange just as soon as they'll let me in.

in the meantime i will practice right here.

silmarillion i am off to do the getting to know you spread for you that you suggested. do you have any questions or areas of concentration for the actual reading? is there any more information about yourself you would like to offer? feel free to pm me or to contact me on yahoo messenger removed by moderator or msn messenger removed by moderator please let me know if you want me to post the reading here or to send it to you privately.

other guinea pigs step right up. :)

silmarillion

ive e mailed you my details and questions
cheer for the reading
heather

tieduptinkerbell

hello everyone...

Reading online has never been a problem for me...its about seeing inside...like a 'minds eye' thing. Some of the best teaching about trusting my instinct was, interestingly enough, when I was attending a very word faith church. They classified my "gift" as phrophetic. They had a "school" that we would go to ...workshops in how to see what God had to say... how to be a prophet.

Anyway...it stretched me...we would be given no time to think and no time to get to know someone or anything about them other than what you could see and what you already knew.

The interesting thing is that when one has to go outside themselves and trust their spirit guide or higher power for the answers, they are often times more accurate than what we would percieve on our own.

When reading someone online I remember two things... First, I am not the one deciding which cards come up. I am just the one reading and giving my insight as to what I see. I have learned that sometimes the things we want to tell them might seem odd to us or to them, but almost everytime, when I have just gone with instinct, I end up being right. The second thing is that it's ok to be wrong. No ones futures is not set. When we read...I believe anyway, that at this moment in this circumstance this is what is in the cards. But we have no idea if what we are saying to a person will be relevant now or was relevant before or will at some point in the future be relevant. The thing is, that we are human, and cannot expect to be right all the time. What we are sharing is our spirit, our insight and our take on what the cards say...and what the querent does with that is their own responsibility. We rely on higher powers, but we are not the higher power.

So that should take some pressure off.

And the other thing is...know how to ask the right questions. That is key...in reading no matter where or who.

And never assume.

Peace everyone...

Bell

tieduptinkerbell

oh ...

And ...question...does anyone else do online readings, and would anyone be able to help me out...I can never find anyone to do readings for me...sure could use some imput.

thanks

Bell