"Enhancing your Mind, Body, Spirit" Cards - anyone got these?

Aerin

*speculates*

Judging from the pack sizes I have seen (6 in each one) and the website there are 24 packs altogether (excluding what I'm assuming is IJJ packs) so that would be 144 cards in total available.

We know of:
pips and RWS minors = 2*40 = 80
Majors = 22 plus 12 extras = 34
Courts = ?two variants of 16 cards = 32 (not all seen so they may not all exist)

That adds to 146.... too many. What I am counting wrong? It could be that not all the Courts come in 2 flavours.

The other IJJ looks as if it comes with early issues.

According to that website link it is issues:

44, 47, 49, 51, 53, 55, 57, 59, 61, 63, 65, 67, 69, 71, 73, 75, 77, 79, 81, 83, 85, 87, 89, 91

that have the cards in question.

Aerin

rwcarter

Aerin said:
*speculates*

Judging from the pack sizes I have seen (6 in each one) and the website there are 24 packs altogether (excluding what I'm assuming is IJJ packs) so that would be 144 cards in total available.

We know of:
pips and RWS minors = 2*40 = 80
Majors = 22 plus 12 extras = 34
Courts = ?two variants of 16 cards = 32 (not all seen so they may not all exist)

That adds to 146.... too many. What I am counting wrong? It could be that not all the Courts come in 2 flavours.
I just recounted the extra cards and I have 144 cards total instead of the 134 I had listed in my spreadsheet. (I'm guessing a typo on my part rather than an inability to count.... ;) )

I have two versions of the the Cups Page and King, but 3 versions of the Knight and Queen - 10 cards.

In the Pentacles, I have two versions of the Page and Knight but only one version of the King and Queen - 6 cards.

In Swords I have two versions of each rank - 8 cards.

In Wands, I have two versions of the Page and Knight but only one version of the King and Queen - 6 cards.

So there are 30 versions of Court Cards not 32. That brings the total back down to 144 cards.

Rodney

Aerin

Now I have an image of some cards sulking because they didn't get their extras :D. Can you imagine the rows?

Aerin x

rwcarter

Yeah, it's a little strange that some Courts have 3 versions while others only have the 1 version. Those Courts must've felt unloved by their creator(s) (and probably still do). })

Aerin

What would be great is to locate the artist who I think did a good job with this little deck.

I feel it deserves to be published in it own right. I love the idea of so many alternates.

Maybe he or she could then fill in the gaps..... :) and then the cards would all be happy.

Aerin

rwcarter

Aerin, sounds like you've got yourself a herculean task ahead of you in trying to find the artist of the deck.

Assuming s/he can be found and then assuming s/he owns the copyright to the artwork (and still has it) and then assuming s/he has the inclination to "finish" the deck to our expectations ;), s/he would then have to find a publisher who'd be willing to print such a "strange" deck.

Based on the cards that already exist, a "completed" deck would have to include both scenic and non-scenic pips (80 cards) and then 3 of each Major and Court (114 cards since there are no more than 3 interpretations of any card and if there's 3 of one, there should be 3 of each :D) for a total of 194 cards. :bugeyed: I'd buy it, but then I'm strange that way. })

Aerin

And so would I, so that's two of us :D

*194 card deck* :heart:

Aerin

rwcarter

And since 144 of the cards are already done, the artist would only need to complete 50 more cards. That's less than a full deck's worth. S/He could pop that out in less than a year.... })

Nice to meet you Strange Aerin. I'm Strange Rodney. :laugh:

gregory

rwcarter said:
Aerin,

I bought a set of this deck off eBay in the last couple of years. I have the yellow back with the MBS reversible logo. What I received was one complete 78 card deck and alternate takes (different images) on various cards:
  • 0 - The Fool, The Pupil and also The Inner Child (3 cards)
  • 1 - The Magician, The Trickster and also The Student (3 cards)
  • 2 - The High Priestess and The Teacher (2 cards)
  • 3 - The Empress and The Gardener (2 cards)
  • 4 - The Emperor and The Soldier (2 cards)
  • 5 - The Hierophant and The Leader (2 cards)
  • 12 - The Hanged Man and Suspension (2 cards)
  • 13 - Death and Transition (2 cards)
  • 14 - Temperance and Temptation (2 cards)
  • 21 - The World and The Universe (2 cards)
  • Cups - RWS-style pips and TdM style pips
  • Cups Courts - Page and Princess; Knight, Maid and Suitor; Queen, Dreamer and Mother; King and Benefactor
  • Pentacles - RWS-style pips and TdM style pips
  • Pentacles Courts - Page and Princess; Knight and Maid
  • Swords - RWS-style pips and TdM style pips
  • Swords Courts - Page and Princess; Knight and Maid; Queen and Rebel; King and Lawyer
  • Wands - RWS-style pips and TdM style pips
  • Wands Courts - Page and Princess;Knight and Maid

I'm guessing I'm missing some other alternate cards given some of the ones I do have. But I've never been able to find out anything more about these cards than that they were put out by a UK magazine called Enhancing Your Mind Body Spirit.

Do you have the skeleton Death or Transition? You have an alternate High Priestess card.

Rodney
HUM. I got a "set" now - no duplicates - in MINE the alternative is 15: DEVIL and temptation ?

Then I have Wands: 1-10 x 2 - pips and illustrated
and 6 courts: Maid, page, princess, knight, queen, king
Cups 1-5 - pips and illustrated
Pents - Maid and Page.

No swords of any kind.

Now I want to complete..... Hm :mad:

But at least my majors are complete !

Aerin

Hurrah!

You got a set.

Yes, I have Temptation too. I'm not sure if I have duplicate minors or just both variants, I forget...

I'll check.