Er... random cards appearing?

MissJo

Okay, a little background...

Yesterday I was doing a relationship reading and after I had laid out all the cards I picked them up in order and put them in a separate deck, I like to do that to concentrate one card at a time. So, I'm going through all the cards and I get to one of the positions when I come across the Five of Swords.

Which shocked me, that card was NOT in the spread and I definitely did NOT pick that card up. I have absolutely NO idea how it got in there. I asked the Tarot about it (hey, why not?) and from what I got, the Fates slipped in the card during whenever and I really needed to pay attention to it.

Now, this isn't about the meaning of the card, that was simple enough to get... but that card just popping up out of literally no where is like... kind of freaky. Has this happened to anyone else??

senescal

It better be the 9 of pentacles or something like that if it ever happens to me.

Alta

No, never happened to me either. Interesting.

MissJo

It better be the 9 of pentacles or something like that if it ever happens to me.
Haha, that would be a good card to randomly pop up, better than the Five of Swords! But, I just added it on to The Sun so it ended up being a good mix in the end.

No, never happened to me either. Interesting.

Interesting indeed! I just stared at the card for like 5 minutes wondering how it got there...

nisaba

Which shocked me, that card was NOT in the spread and I definitely did NOT pick that card up. I have absolutely NO idea how it got in there. I asked the Tarot about it (hey, why not?) and from what I got, the Fates slipped in the card during whenever and I really needed to pay attention to it.

About twenty-odd years ago, a person who knew I was into Tarot decided to do a reading to impress me. Large spread, lots of cards everywhere. Not all that much of it was relevant to me, as they were basically showing off. But early int he reading I asked a question prompted by one of the cards they were discussing, and they pulled another card to answer it. It was the Chariot. Put it back in the rest of the deck and went on with the reading. Later on, the Chariot was in the main spread, already laid out before it had been pulled to answer that question.

Spooky? No, not really. Neither of us had noticed it in the main spread, so in the spirit of modern science, the card was free to pop up wherever it liked. We didn't notice it in the main spread until after it had been put back in the rest of the deck, where it effectively disappeared.

One is reminded of the three Death Cards that the Tarot reader pulled for Father Ted, though that was taking it to comic extremes.

The decades have taught me that decks shuffle themselves if you don't do a good enough job of it.

MissJo

About twenty-odd years ago, a person who knew I was into Tarot decided to do a reading to impress me. Large spread, lots of cards everywhere. Not all that much of it was relevant to me, as they were basically showing off. But early int he reading I asked a question prompted by one of the cards they were discussing, and they pulled another card to answer it. It was the Chariot. Put it back in the rest of the deck and went on with the reading. Later on, the Chariot was in the main spread, already laid out before it had been pulled to answer that question.
It wasn't like that though... I laid out my 14 cards all nice and neat and then picked them up later individually after examining the spread, went through once to make sure I had them in order, and then started doing the reading card by card. I had them separate from the main deck the entire time... the Five of Swords was NOT there before.

I mean, I've gotten repeat cards in the past and I just see that as a fact of Tarot... but this was nothing like that.

nisaba

<smile> It's pretty much the same thing. The card is where logic says it can't be.

SunChariot

Okay, a little background...

Yesterday I was doing a relationship reading and after I had laid out all the cards I picked them up in order and put them in a separate deck, I like to do that to concentrate one card at a time. So, I'm going through all the cards and I get to one of the positions when I come across the Five of Swords.

Now, this isn't about the meaning of the card, that was simple enough to get... but that card just popping up out of literally no where is like... kind of freaky. Has this happened to anyone else??

Yes, absolutely. Many things like that when I was just starting out. Once we start reading with the cards (Tarot), we are telling the universe that we want its help to solve our life problems (or whatever you usually use your cards for). Sometimes if there is something we need to know and don't think to ask, the powers that be that send the answers via the cards, will do what they hace to get that card to us. It can be a bit freaky at first until you get used to it, Mostly because it goes against how most of us are taught the universe works. And against what we are told is reality.

But once you get used to it, it's something truly beautiful. It means that reality is more and more beautiful that we imagined. And that we are not alone but are guided and helped when we need it to help ensure things work out for the best. To me I'd rather live in a universe that I can trust to protect me from making a mistake but sending me signs and unexpceted cards, than in one where I am alone and won't be warned first.

it's an adjustment,but in the end to me although it means life is different from what we may have thought at first, it also means that life is deeper, better and more beautiful. And that we are guided and protected if we listen so that we really can't make any major mistakes

A friend at work was just telling me that she used to read Tarot but got too freaked out and gave it up when she one day found her entire deck in the dryer when she was sure she did not put it there. It scared her off Tarot for years, even though she used to love it. I got her a new Tarot deck for Christmas this year.

But the point is, whatever it is that is wise and powerful enough to send us actual accurate answers via the cards has the power to move things if needed as well. Whatever you think is answering you via the cards and sending the answers, is powerful enough to know the future and communicate that to you,. My belief is that it is my angels. But opinions vary on that. But to me, the answer is that that source is powerful enough to move things if needed. Usually it doesn't as most people do get unsettled when it hapenjs. But if you really need to know something and don't ask, it can take the card and put it where you will find it to get the message,.

Those are my beleifs on that, and it is part of the magic that is Tarot for me. I don't purposely try to create magic with my cards, by every so often something magical like that happens. Over time I've come to see ti as beautiful. I know it comes form a positive source that is caring and wants to help and always have my best interest at heart.

Also since I started to open up to that more and more as a resiult of learning Tarot, I now get all kinds of signs in my daily life to keep me on the rigth path, even without the cards. I get them often now, in all kinds of ways, Once you have faith in that source, all kinds of guidance can come. That was a side effect of learning Tarot for me, I get signs a lot in my daily life. That source talks to me with or without the cards.

Little things like a song will come on that give me the exact solution to a problem I could not solve alone. Or if I need to ask the cards about something about someone, I will see or hear their first or last name 3-4 times in a row in less than 5 minutes. Then I know there is somethign I need to know about my situation with them, Then I go pick up a Tarot deck adn ask what I need to know about it, and then I find out something importantn I needed to know. It's like if i don't think to read on it and somethign important has changed, my real life will give me cues that I need to read on the topic.

Babs

The crowned one

Either a card was stuck together or somehow you missed it.

As many here likes to say when it is not something magical or strange happening with the cards "the power is in you, not the cards, they are just paper and ink" Paper and ink can manifest mathematically, using Quantum mechanics , fair enough but the math in question is a disputed philosophical debate more then science ;)....but I do not think your deck did that...In my opinion, either a card was stuck together or somehow you missed it.

SunChariot

While I definitely believe the cards are only paper and ink and have no power of any kind, and have said the same many times here...And that the power lies in us, the reader. But to me that power that we have as readers is to communicate with something greater. And that something can then communicate back with us if needed.

Babs