Ever Felt Like Your Full Of It When Doing A Reading...?

Golden Moon

I don't know why I have been feeling like im full of it when giving a reading, I see the cards and follow my intuition and when I tell the consultant what I see, I feel like as if whats coming out of my mouth are just lie and make-believe-stories. Anyone ever felt like this before? I think it would have to do with the reason that maybe I have not given to many readings in the past year or I'm not confidant when reading the cards. any help would be greateful. :)

SakuraFae

Golden Moon said:
I don't know why I have been feeling like im full of it when giving a reading, I see the cards and follow my intuition and when I tell the consultant what I see, I feel like as if whats coming out of my mouth are just lie and make-believe-stories. Anyone ever felt like this before? I think it would have to do with the reason that maybe I have not given to many readings in the past year or I'm not confidant when reading the cards. any help would be greateful. :)

Perhaps you aren't getting recognition that you are reading the right path from them because you are focused on the cards instead of the person you are reading for.

I read the most basic and simple words last night in my new MerryDay tarot book. The gist of it was that if the person you are reading for leaves with a boost of confidence or self assurance, all is good. I am no where near experienced, but I seem to hear many pod cast readings that seem like just plain ole good sense and general advice for living a good life. Yes, it does get monotonous and doesn't seem to give a big "wow" impact, but sometimes the "wow" isn't what "we" need, sometimes is soft calming reassurance.

You can tell me I'm full of bull.... and that's not what you meant at all. I just felt a need to share. I'd be saddened if you intuitively felt drawn and are reading right.. but not feeling it or not feeling you've connected.

ghost271

It sounds like a lack of confidence more than anything. I often wonder if my readings gonna be full of shit, but then I just remember all the other readings I've given and how accurate and helpful they've been to my clients. I used to fight competitively in MMA and kickboxing. It didnt matter how much training and sparring I did, I was always scared getting in the ring. But once that bell rang and the first punch/kick was thrown, my mind and body went straight into a fight mode where muscle memory and reflex action took over, and that fear left ASAP. I find the same thing with the Tarot. Once that first card is turned over, I go into a different mindset and then everything just flows.

The more you read, and get positive feedback, the more you'll stop questioning yourself.

Sinduction

I once had a reading, for someone on here, I forget who, but I kept getting a green jacket. I thought it was ridiculous, like how could a green jacket be important. But it was, and had I stuffed that down, I never would have passed that on to the person that needed that info.

As you progress, you will learn to trust yourself. Sometimes we're right, sometimes we're wrong. It really doesn't matter as long as you continue to try.

And yes, I always feel like I'm full of it when I read. That's how I know I'm on the right track. :D

littlestar

Golden Moon said:

I think this has to do with not trusting your intuition and ability to read the cards. The more you read and the more times you get told you've done the job welll and there is truth in what you've said you wont feel like you're lying or telling make believe stories.

Golden Moon

Thanks everyone for your help.

When I read for someone I feel like that, but after the reading is over they tell me positive comments on how good I was, and some even come back as to say that what I told them fit so well... If they tell me this things I wonder why I feel like this?

balenciaga

When you are in the middle of the reading, try not to over-think your interps, do not over-intellectualize it, just read what is there. It is supposed to feel unfamiliar to you, the reader, because it is a message for the sitter.

SherryZoned

I think it is the fact that as a society we are growing up to not be believe in intuition. Logic thinking is the main thing. Think it through logically. Write down pros and cons etc. Which has its place. But sometimes you need to say what is in your head. You need to follow your gut. I agree sometimes I feel full of crap too but like someone else said.. Then we are probably reading right.

so honestly don't worry about it.

balenciaga

The comment about our society bent on facts and reason reminds me of a comment Rob Pattinson makes on the commentary section of the "Twilight" DVD: (in response to Kristen Stewart, who said the audience laughs at the "being in love with a vampire even though it is dangerous" thing), Pattinson replies something like "that is because our society (in this century) is so cynical..."
I am sure I am misquoting it, but I think one can get the idea. You need a little imagination, be willing to take a risk and believe.

minrice

balenciaga said:
When you are in the middle of the reading, try not to over-think your interps, do not over-intellectualize it, just read what is there. It is supposed to feel unfamiliar to you, the reader, because it is a message for the sitter.

SherryZoned said:
I think it is the fact that as a society we are growing up to not be believe in intuition. Logic thinking is the main thing. Think it through logically. Write down pros and cons etc. Which has its place. But sometimes you need to say what is in your head. You need to follow your gut. I agree sometimes I feel full of crap too but like someone else said.. Then we are probably reading right.

so honestly don't worry about it.

An excellent way of putting it!
You can only read what you see Golden Moon, and it sounds like you are doing a great job, maybe a little more self confidence is needed but still. When I feel like I'm being "full of it" I re examine the cards, and the situation, and often find that I'm being too general about the cards. So of course it is coming off as trite, or maybe even insincere. So I dig deeper and push myself to really link these cards to the person's life, and that helps me find the message so I don't feel "full of it". If you are feeling this way maybe you just need to take what you see and go even further.