Facing you or the seeker?

Amaterasu

When you read for others, do you lay the cards so (assuming you aren't using reversals) that they are facing you or so that they face the querant? :confused:

And if you are using reversals, on what grounds do you consider a card a reversal? If they are facing towards you or towards the querant?

I'm just really curious. As for myself, I read with the cards facing me. Less of a headache to read. :laugh:

Kahlie

I usually invite people to sit next to me to look at the Cards together :)

If they are uncomfortable with that, I prefer Reading towards me, but I will turn the Card facing them when I am done speaking about it. So they can give their own input and know which Card I'm busy with.
So, any Card that faces them, not me, is a reversal :)

Kahlie

tarotbear

Cards are always read from the Reader's viewpoint, not the querent's.

a_shikhs

whenever i do a reading for anyone, the cards are always facing me. then i ask the querent to reverse any fifteen cards. I then read those fifteen cards as reversals for the querent whenever they come in a spread.

Alta

I always read with the cards facing me. Since we are the ones doing the reading, it is more important that we see the cards and their relationships clearly. In fact if it were laid out facing the querent it would not only be upside down but mirrored. If it is possible I also, like Kahlie, like it if the querent can sit beside me or at least catercorner.

Chronata

My cards are layed out so that they always face the seeker/querant/client.

Just habit, I guess.

I have no problem reading them upside down...and occasionally I have seen things I would not have otherwise seen. :)

I don't do reversals.

reagun ban

tarotbear said:
Cards are always read from the Reader's viewpoint, not the querent's.
That's a fairly blanketing statement TB. I've heard arguments for both but I read facing me because it seems more natural.

bladeraven

Lol..well..I use the Revelations Tarot so I think both myself and the person whom I'm reading for are confused...lol

When I do a reading for someone..unless they are sitting beside me, I generally just read the cards facing me....with "regular" tarot decks...the reversals are what is facing me rather than what is facing me.

It's actually an interesting question though when it comes to which way could be consider the right way.