faeries oracle

Miss Divine

Hi everyone!

I have heard that the faeries oracle from Froud is so special.
But WHY is it so special and different from other decks?
I wanna buy the cards, but also wonder if I will be able to work with them.

Still havng a hard enough time with tarot LOL...
Any info would be great;)

shemsu sutekh

The reason that it's so speacial, for me anyway, is that each card represents a real person. Depending on your religious/beleif inclinations, that is. For me, my family is Irish and I grew up on a lot of farm land and acreage, so the faeries and the Sidhe represented in this deck are familiar friends. If you've never had the opportunity to make friends from another realm, this deck makes it both fun and easy to do.

Chronata

These are one of my very favorites. Though, it helps that I was talking to FAERIES long before I go this deck.

But now, they talk back! :D

Check out any of these threads...this is an entire forum in the Oracle Study Groups forum dedicated to these cards...and people's experiences with them.

http://tarotforum.net/forumdisplay.php?f=31

Read a few, and you may see why this deck has so many fans!

Jewel

Miss Divine said:
Hi everyone!

I have heard that the faeries oracle from Froud is so special.
But WHY is it so special and different from other decks?
I wanna buy the cards, but also wonder if I will be able to work with them.

Still havng a hard enough time with tarot LOL...
Any info would be great;)
The reason I find the Froud Faeries Oracle so special is that it is an interactive experience. Once I became connected with the faeries I can hear and sense them even when not using the deck. Over the last 6 years or so they have become my friends and companions. I have not had this experience with any other kind of deck and I own and have owned a lot of decks of all kinds. This one is one of a kind, with a very special magic.

To effectively with this deck I would recommend that you do all of the exercises in the book PRIOR to reading the meaning of any given faerie. Get to know them through what they mean to you. You will be amazed. Also, you need to be open to believing that faeries are real. You have to work with them with an open mind and open heart, if you do you will hear them. You cannot force the connection, and it has come faster to some than to others. Do check out the threads Chronata posted for you if you want some examples of our experiences. If you do get them, or even if you want more information on them, feel free to come by and join the Faeries Oracle study group.

There is no comparison between tarot and the Faeries Oracle, non what-so-ever. The oracle is much more free flowing, and the faeries hate structure. The closest you get to structure with these guys is a faerie classification (Singers, Sidhe, Help Line Troupe, Challengers) ... and there is much flexibility within those classifications.

Miss Divine

I bought the faeries today...JIPPIE;)
I just couldn't resist anymore, especially after reading those threads about it. You guys are a bad influence LOL!!
I haven't even had time to really look through them yet, it's been a crazy and exhausting day.
i will post what I think of them as soon as I get a chance to explore them.

PS I will definately join the study group;)

Miss Divine

I forgot to mention, they had the fairy ring oracle in that shop too.
That looked really appealing also. I really really had to restrain myself to not buy them LOL. I think it's better to get to know the faeries oracle cards first.
xx

Jewel

Miss Divine said:
I forgot to mention, they had the fairy ring oracle in that shop too.
That looked really appealing also. I really really had to restrain myself to not buy them LOL. I think it's better to get to know the faeries oracle cards first.
xx
If you say so ~giggles~. Look forward to seeing you in the study group! Congrats!

Miss Divine

Well I finally got to spend some time with the faeries today. The book said to choose the cards that belong together in 3 stacks... well I ended up with 4 (actually almost 5 hehe). My favorite card is The faery who was kissed by the pixies. And my least favorite is G. Hobyah (was a hard choice between him and soul shrinker). But I think G. hobyah looks like a mean demon LOL.

Further I did the 6 questions thing for those cards. Haven't gotten any further yet. If only I had more time haha.
My best friend thinks they look spookey, so she ordered the fairy ring. Which ofcourse is great way for me to see if I should really get that deck also haha.

I haven't read any of the card meanings, but looking at the singers cards...I wonder if I'll ever get a clue to what they mean. Ah well, time will tell.

Greetings everyone;)

Jewel

Miss Divine said:
I haven't read any of the card meanings, but looking at the singers cards...I wonder if I'll ever get a clue to what they mean. Ah well, time will tell.
Good, don't read any of the meanings yet. Get to know them on your own terms. Write your impressions of each card (you can use the favorite/least favorite questions with a card of the day if you like) until you have been through the deck. Just play with them.

Don't let the abstract nature of the Singers intimidate you. Spend time with them and you will get to know them too. Come on by the Study Group, we have threads on many cards, and those we don't have discussion on feel free to open a thread so we can discuss it. The study group is pretty active, and has been for years.

Glad you are enjoying them!

Miss Divine

Can you use the faeries oracle as a divination tool like tarot? I mean can/does it predict events or is it mainly for spiritual growth?
Kinda like healing messages.
Everyone here says the fairy ring says it like it is...quite bluntly.
But personally, I find the tarot can do that too. Sometimes the info ya get from tarot tears yer heart out LOL especially when it comes to love matters.
Leaving ya feeling like sh*t!