Fairy/Faerie Recommendations

Tanjamuse

Hi everyone.

I don't know if this is the correct place for this topic, but here goes:

I'm looking for recommendations on Tarot decks, Oracle decks and books about faeries?

I've got: Froud's Faerie Oracles & HOF, Twillight Realm Tarot, Oracle of the Dragonfae, Wild Wisdom of the faerie realm and Doreen Virtue's Magical Messages from the Fairies.

Do you have anymore ideas?

(I've got the Amy Brown faerie wisdom deck underway)

Yasmin

My personal favorite fae deck is Tarot of the Sidhe by the lovely Emily Carding. Another one that is good is The Fey.

jema

My personal favorite fae deck is Tarot of the Sidhe by the lovely Emily Carding. Another one that is good is The Fey.

Ditto on the Tarot of the Sidhe. Never had the Fey but it looks really nice, a bit 'Thoth-y'

cardlady22

Sidhe and Fey are the best, IMHO. But, the LS Celtic Fairies and the Hezicos are worth looking at- just that they are very "specific" worlds for lore.

If you get the Celtic Fairies, you do want the companion book.

GryffinSong

I love the Mystic Faerie Tarot. The artwork is beautiful and the companion book has stories for each of the suits that make it fun to read.

Tanjamuse

Mystic Faerie is on my wish-list.

Le Fanu

For strange, non-Victorian, non-frilly Fairies, there's the Sidhe, which is a beautifully produced set. But - I'm warning you -not at all like the Faeries you're probably used to.

I love the Paulina which everyone calls a Fairy deck but I don't feel it is so much. It has wispiness in the woods, brambles, old world elegance, not always wingéd fairies but it has a wonderful atmosphere. Fairy tale style illustrations with all the magic of the entangling forest.

Talking of the forest, there's the Tarot of the Secret Forest which I should dedicate time to. Dark, sinister unidentifiable fairy folk from the secret forest at the bottom of the garden.

Then the Oracles; Fairy Ring (creepy photo-shopped deck which has an uncanny magic quality despite its technical clunkiness)

Hope that helps. There are others, but these are the ones I remember. I'd say the Celtic Fairies, which I love, but I see it has been mentioned already.

Signed. A fairy expert ;)

Tanjamuse

What do you think of Enchanted Oracle?

I've also looked at several books, can anyone help me there?

Manda

What do you think of Enchanted Oracle?

I've also looked at several books, can anyone help me there?

To me, the Enchanted Oracle is more pretty pictures to look at than a reading deck, but that might not be true for you. The companion books for the Fairy Ring, Fey, Frouds' Faeries, and the Fey are all quite good, I feel.