Fairy Ring Oracle

faunabay

caridwen said:
I have the fairy ring oracle and although I love the myths and stories on which they are based, have not worked them out yet. Or at least, I haven't a clue what they're saying to me and it doesn't make sense.

I will spend some time with them though and see what develops:)

They don't speak to me either. The deck wouldn't be a bit of good to me without the book. I HAVE to use the book with this deck. This is the only deck I do this with. Every other one I read intuitively but this one....not a chance. :)

caridwen

I think you have to get to know these fellas through their stories and once you are acquainted with them and what they mean, then you may be able to get on without the book.

I had a similar problem with the Froud Oracle and it really annoyed me that I needed the book to read them and even then it made little sense. It took about a year of constant use to get to grips with them. I'll give you an example, the Faun to me is a kind of gentle 'magic' in that it means something will go my way. I have noticed it turns up for me when I get something I really want on ebay for example or a problem works itself out. However it's nothing major, just something small and very gentle. That's the kind of connection I've made so far although I'm never sure with them if they're reflecting me or something I can't see.

The Fairy Oracle are the same for me as when I started to work with Froud but in an entirely different way as I have a personal connection with them. I have always loved myths and fairy stories and know many of these characters from books of Irish and British anthologies that I used to read. I need to work out their personal meaning to me though which means constant useage.

caridwen

I would also like to know what is drawing you towards them Leo?:)

faunabay

hmmm...
Cardiwen, I was able to "hear" the froud faeries almost instantly. Well I do have to say the longer that they're with me the more I hear LOL, but I didn't have a bit of trouble going without the book after the first month or so. But I've had the Fairy Ring for 3 or 4 years now and still wouldn't be without the book. I just get soooo much more with the Fairy Ring if I use the book.
Isn't it interesting how everyone works differently with each deck? :)

Leo62

caridwen said:
I would also like to know what is drawing you towards them Leo?:)
I dunno exactly ... I was looking for something to trade with faunabay, browsing through the AT decks section. I just saw the images of the deck and thought "yes!" I'm sure I've looked at this deck before and quite liked it, but didn't think it was me. This time I just instantly felt drawn to the images. Something about the combination of photography and, for want of a better word, "otherworldliness." I really liked the card showing the mound with light coming out if it. I'm very curious, cos as I said, fairies aren't normally my thing!

With the Froud deck, like faunabay, I find the cards do "speak" to me pretty directly. Sometimes what they say chimes in with the book, and sometimes it doesn't at all, lol. They do seem to have a life of their own - which many have commented on. Now I can't wait to get the two together!

It's interesting that both of you have to go to the book with the Fairy Ring - I wonder if it's anything to do with the fact that its photo based? (Don't know why this should be, just a feeling).

caridwen

Leo62 said:
It's interesting that both of you have to go to the book with the Fairy Ring - I wonder if it's anything to do with the fact that its photo based? (Don't know why this should be, just a feeling).

For me it's because I've only used them about three times and am not familiar with them yet.

faunabay

Leo62 said:

With me it's just that the Fairy Ring fey are not real to me. The froud faeries are. :) I've done a bunch of readings with the fairy ring but to me they're just pictures. Pictures which I really like, but just pictures. Which is weird because they are photo based. You'd think that would make them more real, but....it doesn't to me. I don't look at them as "hear" things. I really have to rely on the book. But when I do use the book the messages that come across are something. Wow!

caridwen

faunabay said:
With me it's just that the Fairy Ring fey are not real to me. The froud faeries are. :) I've done a bunch of readings with the fairy ring but to me they're just pictures. Pictures which I really like, but just pictures. Which is weird because they are photo based. You'd think that would make them more real, but....it doesn't to me. I don't look at them as "hear" things. I really have to rely on the book. But when I do use the book the messages that come across are something. Wow!

lol:p

It was the same with the Froud deck for me!! I loved the artwork but had no connection to these strange folk and didn't have a clue what they were on about. Even now I only half listen as it just seems to be gibberish or so subtle none of it happens that I am aware off:D

With the Fairy Ring Oracle they are a part of me, a fabric of my being from childhood. Some of the characters in the deck I remember reading about when I was 9 or 10 years old. In fact my aunt bought me a book of Irish Fae when I was about 7 and I still remember many of the stories, some of which are in the deck so I feel very connected to it.

shemsu sutekh

I love love LOVE my Froud deck, I've had it for years and the colors are almost completely worn off the backs of the cards, but I can't buy another one and I can't let it go...

If you're interested, on Llewellyn's site the Fairy Ring is one of the decks they have scanned in for the free reading tool, you can see all the images there. It's under Fun and Free.

a_shikhs

I :love: the Fairy Ring Oracle. Its very very accurate and sometimes ruthlessly frank which is really good. ;) Its a beautiful deck with an awesome accompanying book which explains the fairy folklore in detail. This and the Froud's faeries are my two favourite faery decks. :angel: Good luck with your purchase. :D