Fantastical creatures - looking good!

MysticalMoose

What a beautiful deck...all the artwork of Lisa's that I have seen is stunning tho. I have the Animals Divine & think its probably the most beautiful I had seen (even tho I just cant read with it, but my daughter can!) ~ however this one looks to be even more beautiful, I shall definitely have to get a copy & hopefully I'll connect better with this one for reading.. :)

Owlface

I'm really pleased to see Tengu here, and the Fox Spirit ( both Japanese) and also the Fu Dogs, who are Chinese. I've been looking them up . Wikipedia has a particularly good and detailed entry about Tengu.

Jewel

Can someone tell me more about these Fu Dogs. I really like them and would like to know more.

HearthCricket

On the website it states this is:

"A tarot deck of mythical, spiritual & imaginary beings."

Thus, Kali and others would fall into the spiritual being category. Anyone know a release date on this? I thought it was supposed to be June or July, but Amazon.com doesn't even have it listed for pre-order, yet, which is odd.

EarthAngel2911

HearthCricket said:
Anyone know a release date on this? I thought it was supposed to be June or July, but Amazon.com doesn't even have it listed for pre-order, yet, which is odd.

Actually, I've noticed that US Games hasn't had any of their recent releases listed on Amazon (Vanessa Tarot and Fantastical Creatures for pre-order), and recently I called my local stores asking about the Kitty Kahane Tarot (AGM Urania, but distributed by US Games), and no store had any listing of it nor had never heard of it, and Amazon doesn't have that one either. What's up with that?

I've already purchased the Vanessa and Kitty Kahane from Tarot Garden, and I have the Fantastical Creatures on pre-order with Jeannette since she's had it listed. I'm usually a bargain hunter, but if I'm going to purchase tarot decks retail, it's going to be from Jeannette. :)

LixiPixi

I've had this one on preorder through TG since late February, I believe. Thanks so much for the links to the pictures. I never thought to check US Games for some reason. I love the way it looks! I've been wanting an animal-themed deck for a long time now and none of the others really seemed to grab me. Now I see this one goes a step above the animals even! I think I'll be quite happy with this one :D

Thanks again for the links, Sulis!

LP~

magpie9

I always end up disappointed with Lisa Hunt's decks--there's inevitably a big disagreement between her mythology and mine. I can't ever actually read with them, and it's always such a disappointment, because she's such a good artist. I think I'll just pass on this one, with The Morrigan as Empress it's just too much of a stretch for me, right out of the barn. And I expect she's done swords and fire and wands as air yet again.