Fey Tarot

seedcake

I'm still not using it for readings but I fell for this deck right away. I really enjoy the art - very vivd. My reservation are outlines - in some cards are visible and in some not. It doesn't make images look bad, no, they're all great on their own but when you look at two cards with different outlines, it can be not so appealing.

If you enjoy the general theme of the deck, colours - get it.

And one more thing - I got a feeling that Swords are Fire and Wands are Air. I'm not sure if it's written in LWB. But when I looked at the Swords, I knew they should be Fire.

Laura Borealis

I'm still not using it for readings but I fell for this deck right away. I really enjoy the art - very vivd. My reservation are outlines - in some cards are visible and in some not. It doesn't make images look bad, no, they're all great on their own but when you look at two cards with different outlines, it can be not so appealing.

If you enjoy the general theme of the deck, colours - get it.

And one more thing - I got a feeling that Swords are Fire and Wands are Air. I'm not sure if it's written in LWB. But when I looked at the Swords, I knew they should be Fire.

Not to contradict you, but Swords are Air and Wands are fire (I just checked the book to make absolutely sure).

Which doesn't mean you can't read them in the way they speak to you.

Sulis

I really like this deck.
The cards are very well thought out and many of them give a new spin on RWS style meanings.. I haven't used it in years but I remember that a few cards from this deck really helped me to get a good grasp on how they should be read - 2 and 3 of Wands and the 5 of Swords spring to mind..
And yes, Swords are Air, Wands are Fire.
The book is excellent, probably one of my favourite books that goes with a deck.

Simple

I really like this deck.
The cards are very well thought out and many of them give a new spin on RWS style meanings.. I haven't used it in years but I remember that a few cards from this deck really helped me to get a good grasp on how they should be read - 2 and 3 of Wands and the 5 of Swords spring to mind..
The book is excellent, probably one of my favourite books that goes with a deck.

That's great to hear. Even with the lack of responses, I went ahead and ordered this deck. Can't wait for it to be shipped so I can explore! I have problem grasping those cards too, especially 5 of swords. You just stoked my excitement! :D

seedcake

Not to contradict you, but Swords are Air and Wands are fire (I just checked the book to make absolutely sure).

Which doesn't mean you can't read them in the way they speak to you.

Yes, I checked it too. But when I looked for the first time at Swords in this deck, I got more of fire energy. Possibly 'cause of the artist's color choice. Anyway, I'll stay with my interpretation - I wanted to have deck like this. Nice that it came with the simple feeling, not a book description.

Anyway, Simple, it's a great choice. You'll have a lot of fun, even only with staring at the images ;)

Laura Borealis

Yes, I checked it too. But when I looked for the first time at Swords in this deck, I got more of fire energy. Possibly 'cause of the artist's color choice. Anyway, I'll stay with my interpretation - I wanted to have deck like this. Nice that it came with the simple feeling, not a book description.

Anyway, Simple, it's a great choice. You'll have a lot of fun, even only with staring at the images ;)

*nods* I understand. It's great that it works that way for you.

To me, the reds in the Swords are more about blood than fire. I think I picked that up from the 4 of Swords. Blood carries air (oxygen) so I found that association profound.

I'm looking at this suit again and it's so great. I really love this deck, it has always been one of my favorites. It's got probably my favorite 9 of Swords ever. The fey is kneeling, bent over, with a sword suspended above her. There's an escape route in front of her, and she isn't bound (unlike the 8 of Swords) so the only thing keeping her in this situation is her own self. It has come up for me in readings when I thought I was stuck, but really all I needed was to get up and move... great card, great deck :)

gregory

I really like this deck.
What she said. It is INDEED one of the best thought out decks ever, and one of the best books. Ric Minetti really knows his stuff.

Serenia

I don't want to add to the confusion about the suit elements (and I don't have the companion book at hand right now), but to me, the Wands look like they are attributed to the earth. Basically all the cards have saplings or trees in them and the Queen of Wands even has flowers on her arm.

Pentacles seem to be fire. There is no earth-related symbolism (except for the Seven of Pentacles maybe, and the grapes in the Nine of Pentacles), but the Five of Pentacles shows a pentacle as fire, in the Ten of Pentacles there's a candle, and throughout the suit there are several cards that feature people with flame-like hair.
I admit that the references for Pentacles as fire are quite weak, but Wands as earth seems to suggest itself because of all the plants and then there's only fire left for the Pentacles.

And I see Cups as water and Swords as air.

frac_ture

In this particular deck, I've always seen Wands as representing Fire, although in the modified sort of sense of "Fire = Life-Force." The Suit of Wands regularly shows green and growing things.

As far as Pentacles and Earth...it's true, there aren't a lot of images in this Suit that show literal Earth, but they do often show the kinds of things that metaphysical people associate with the Earth element, such as wealth and creature comforts, the needs of a physical body. Interestingly, the deck also seems to use Pentacles for showcasing artwork and the creative process, with the idea apparently being that through these kinds of activities, we bring conceptual stuff down into the physical plane and give it actual, tangible form. Pretty smart take, I think!

In fact, it's a pretty smart deck, all around. Like many of the Lo Scarabeo decks I own, I find that this one sticks to RWS imagery enough to lull me into reading it like it's RWS if I go on auto-pilot...but there are enough cards that wander from the RWS template a bit that I regularly get knocked back a mental step if I try to be lazy about interpreting them. I think you often have to take LoS decks as things that have some commonalities with the RWS, but that are ultimately their own beasts.