Five of Wands as an Individual

elixir

What do you think the five of wands represents for a person? I did a one card reading for this person who is sort of a "guide" to me but I have mixed feelings about their intentions.

SA12

Your 'mixed' feelings are likely correct; 5 is often an unstable number. The 5 of Wands in particular could mean that this person is ultra-competitive (maybe cut-throat if ill-dignified) and in love, they are not about to commit; they are playing the field, so invest yourself carefully. Edited to add: Emotionally speaking, sometimes I've drawn this card for someone dealing with 'inner turmoil' or unable to choose, so this 'guide' may or may not be 'right.'

septimus

I would say it indicates the person represented is rather childishly combative and would rather fight/play than be serious.

SA12

Flirtatious also comes to mind...

vee

Someone once told me they saw this as the ADD card, and that's what I think of now when I see it. So, someone who is easily distractable and impulsive. :laugh:

Narwhallove

Flirtatious also comes to mind...

Haha, I was going to say "horny"--this has come up often as horny. Did you say this is a mentor of yours? Perhaps you want to be on your feet and careful about this person, whether you feel the card reads as competitive, flirtatious, cut-throat, or horny. Conflict is definitely part of it, though.

PrincessPaulina

Conflict isn't always "bad"...

I often see the 5 of Wands as an exciting challenge (as opposed to the 5 Swords, which can be an uncomfortable or painful power struggle).

For example, I once drew this card right before attending hip hop class at a professional dance studio, where I felt challenged to step outside of my comfort zone by the numerous fantastic dancers around me (ultimately making me grow into a better dancer as well).

So, in relation to a mentor, I'd be inclined to read 5 Wands as someone who challenges you to grow (intellectually, spiritually, emotionally, psychologically or even physically); in my experience growth is rarely comfortable, and conflict is often an inherent part of it.

JadoreHauteCouture

I often see the 5 of Wands as an exciting challenge (as opposed to the 5 Swords, which can be an uncomfortable or painful power struggle).

For example, I once drew this card right before attending hip hop class at a professional dance studio, where I felt challenged to step outside of my comfort zone by the numerous fantastic dancers around me (ultimately making me grow into a better dancer as well).

So, in relation to a mentor, I'd be inclined to read 5 Wands as someone who challenges you to grow (intellectually, spiritually, emotionally, psychologically or even physically); in my experience growth is rarely comfortable, and conflict is often an inherent part of it.

yes, in certain tarots 5 wands represents struggles that will come to a good ending making you stronger... i also get this card for competitive people and athletes, so its card of sports as well.
I agree with above that he might challenge you to improve yourself.

I think you asked the question wrongly. First ask direct and specific question then pull. With "what does it represent" you will get blurry readings with various meanings...
Answer "what do 5 wands mean" changes with any of these following questions.
- What kind of person is he?
- How does he see me?
- How do I see him?
- What will he give me?
- How is our relationship?
- What are his intentions?
- What is there to know about us?
- How will situation evolve?
- and so on..
with every question you can interpret 5 wands differently... If you do more cards (3 and more) then yes, non-specific questions are okay, but drawing one card should be paired with specific question to avoid confussion. Hope it helped.

PAMUYA

What do you think the five of wands represents for a person? I did a one card reading for this person who is sort of a "guide" to me but I have mixed feelings about their intentions.

The 5 of Wands will Not be a "yes man". They will question and have an opinion, which is a good thing, will keep you on your toes. Their intentions, to keep you honest.

elixir

Yes I think slightly perverted comes to mind he he. Also, combative. Not with me but with others.