Flornoy's Dodal

Gazel

How I envy you all ;o)
No - I do not - I'm delighted for you.
I'm so out of pocket money and Xmas is at the door. Well, I know what to order whenever I have my january pay check.
Anyway I wish you all a merry xmas and a happy new year with your Flornoy Dodal.

eltarot78

Hello, I have a question, why they changed the design of backcard?

rox

Dodal back design

The actual motif wasn't changed, just doubled/inversed. We have friends that read tarot who hesitate to use the Dodal because, with the motif as it was, they can tell if the card is reversed of not. For some people, that's important. So we made it impossible to tell up from down.

eltarot78

Thanks Rox for your quick response, various diferents criteria, that's the hard part, can not make nice with everyone, if there is something I like about Dodal is that before turning the cards, you already know if the situation arises "legs to up" .
The same is not difficult to read, will only turn the cards and see what they turn up:).

They have done an excellent job, my most sincere congratulations.

Greetings

DrTodd

On the way and so excited. Enjoyed the posts so far...

So, does anyone like Jodorowsky's use of Arcanum XXII as a orienting card for the whole deck? Or the idea of heaven, earth, receptive, and active...whatever their genesis, these are useful and flexible tools for relational and dialogical readings that go beyond existing texts that I have studied....

Be interested in your views....

Best

Dr T

eltarot78

DrTodd said:
On the way and so excited. Enjoyed the posts so far...

So, does anyone like Jodorowsky's use of Arcanum XXII as a orienting card for the whole deck? Or the idea of heaven, earth, receptive, and active...whatever their genesis, these are useful and flexible tools for relational and dialogical readings that go beyond existing texts that I have studied....

Be interested in your views....

Best

Dr T

Hello DrTood, if arcane XXII with regards Le Mat?, mmmmm, look you in your deck is not 22 or 0, this is a great detail.

As for an address mark, many will take as a guide to how to read, it is the way we are used to write from left to right, thus the sequence unfolds.

It seems good to clarify that I am no Jorodowskyano, at the time I turned out pretty good and today is part of my day and my background substrate, today I am more familiar with how reading Enrique Enriquez and his eyes rhymes.

Saludos.

yaraluna

EnriqueEnriquez said:
Thanks Jean-Claude and Roxanne for giving me the opportunity of experiencing all that again!

All my Best,

EE

welcome back Enrique!! Bienvenido! hope to read from you more often here. I went to your site but is not available, only your email.

que tengas un prospero año nuevo!

happy new year to y'all! ....with Dodal in hand and a glass of wine..hehehe!

Yara

DrTodd

eltarot78 said:
Hello DrTood, if arcane XXII with regards Le Mat?, mmmmm, look you in your deck is not 22 or 0, this is a great detail.

As for an address mark, many will take as a guide to how to read, it is the way we are used to write from left to right, thus the sequence unfolds.

It seems good to clarify that I am no Jorodowskyano, at the time I turned out pretty good and today is part of my day and my background substrate, today I am more familiar with how reading Enrique Enriquez and his eyes rhymes.

Saludos.

Lo siento mucho.

I meant to say Arcanum XXI;

El Mundo, O Mundo, Le Monde,The World....

he makes good use of the card to represent the deck holistically,as well as splitting the deck into two variables: heaven and earth, and receptive and active,which gives a 2 x 2 matrix of possibilities that I find comforting and intriguing at the same time.

I wondered if anyone else likes this....

EnriqueEnriquez

yaraluna said:
welcome back Enrique!! Bienvenido! hope to read from you more often here. I went to your site but is not available, only your email.

que tengas un prospero año nuevo!

happy new year to y'all! ....with Dodal in hand and a glass of wine..hehehe!

Yara

Hi Yaraluna,

Thanks!

You only have to follow the asterisk by scrolling down. ;-)

But I guess that all I have to say for now I said it in the Dodal’s booklet, anyway. :)

All my Best,

EE

EnriqueEnriquez

DrTodd said:
...he makes good use of the card to represent the deck holistically,as well as splitting the deck into two variables: heaven and earth, and receptive and active,which gives a 2 x 2 matrix of possibilities that I find comforting and intriguing at the same time.

I wondered if anyone else likes this....

Hi Todd,

I like the right-active, left-passive schema too. Heaven and Earth, up and down, transcendence vs. immediacy... Those are useful coordinates to craft narratives. In fact, those are terrific coordinates to orient ourselves, so we can see space in a narrative way. I was talking to Vito Acconci, one of the first artist working with performance arts here in N.Y in the 60’s, and he told me something that have strongly influenced my view on the tarot: “all decisions we make are decisions about time and space”. It is great, as we stand anywhere in this world, to be able to detect meaning in our basic body orientations: left-right, above-below.

I think Jodorowsky is a fascinating character that has done a lot for the tarot by lending his credibility as a filmmaker and creator to it. I may have my criticism to his historical claims and methodology, but the fact is that there are lots of people today who are willing to adjudicate some value to the tarot only because Jodorowsky pays attention to it.

Best,

EE