Focusing the Querent:Should you or shouldn't you?

Chronata

It's rare for me to get a question right away from anyone.

I always try and make the querant comfortable, letting them know that they can ask any questions about what I am doing at any time.

I ask..."is there something specific you want to know about, or would you just like a general reading"

and 9 times outta 10...they tell me "general."

But I can always tell if there is something they really want to know...because as soon as I turn over cards I am asking them questions...engaging them in the reading and subtley getting them to talk about thier concerns.

Either they are too shy...or too aprehensive to formulate a question...or they just want to test my "psychic" abilities.

But no matter...the questions always come up...and are answered ...by the end of the "general" reading.

DarkElectric

Wow, Elf, I get this a lot too.

Sometimes, I also pick up that the querent does have a specific issue/question on their mind, and is in fact TESTING ME to find out if I'm a "Gen-yoou-wine Psychic Reader" or a fraud.

I've encountered several people like that.

So, when "Ida Know" comes to me for a reading, I just carry on as usual. I always ask my clients to hold on to the deck I'm going to be using, and ask them to put their own energy in to the cards. I feel that this way, the client, and the client's guides are going to be dictating what that reading is going to be about, question or not. The question will become apparent in the spread.

I also make sure they cut their own cards, and pick out whichever pile is the one that feels right to them. And I tell them that this way they are, in essence, doing their own reading, I am simply interpreting the cards THEY choose for themselves, so whatever message received is specifically for THEM. Client involvement always good, in my opinion. Empowering.

Even if someone does have a specific question, I have found that the guides will bring through whatever they feel is the most crucial information the client needs to hear at the time, regardless of the spoken question (if any).

And I tell my clients this. It's a good way to prepare someone for the possible surprise they'll get, when instead of information about love and relationships; (Which I find to be the most common unspoken question, especially regarding sex, which seems to embarrass many people, even though it's all they think about :p ) they receive information about their job, finances, or health issues.