For the Curious... a peek at the Masquerade Atendees

Chronata

If anyone has pictures of these boxes...Please post them here!!

Lady Fortuna's Midnight Masquerade is the party of the Aeon...

and at least 100 of the guests will be featured on one of a kind boxes that accompany the decks.

I am very pleased to be able to offer you all a glimpse of some of the characters...
Here are a few of the photos of the completed boxes...as well as a list of the guests...

NOTE...The photos are actually in reverse order...so in other words to see the first ones...you have to go to the last image and work your way backwards...

and some of the pictures are EXTREMELY horrible! Blurry to the point that all detail has completely vanished! I am getting better though! (you will notice the top photos are better than the bottom earlier ones!)

if anyone here has a better photo than the one shown...PLEASE send me a PM!

The names in bold are the ones that have pictures!

In other words, these are the ones that have been completed and sent, while the others either have no pictures(yet!) or are not complete...

but all of these (plus a few more...) have been spoken for.

The MASQUERADE GUESTS

The Planetary Ambassadors

1 Chronata Emissary of Saturn

2 Lunare Emissary of the Moon

3 Lord Verite Emissary of Mercury

4 Solare Emissary of the Sun

5 Lord Arris Emissay of Mars

6 Lady Nuare Emissary of Venus

7 Prince Persion Emissary of Jupiter

The Children of the Divine

8 Samoon

9 Hiris

10 Anuet

The Pillars

11 Amber/ The Designer /The Goldstone Pillar

12 Xero /The Leader / The Gold Pillar

13 Cryslyn/ The Trickster /The Opaline Pillar

14 Argenta /The Keeper/ The Silver Pillar

15 Erudiyan/ The Strategist/ The Ruby Pillar

16 Magnus/ The Guardian /The Lodestone Pillar

17 Noir/ The Fixer/ The Onyx Pillar

18 Crystal/ The Seer /The Quartz Pillar

19 Miro /The Builder /The Chromium Pillar

20 Cassis /The Negotiator /The Alabaster Pillar

21 Rock /The Muscle/ The Granite Pillar

22 Vocan/ The Speaker/ The Obsidian Pillar

23 Prince Hiram of the Illuminati

Seasonal Envoys from the Realm Eternal

24 Lark *The Summer Ambassador

25 Robin *The Spring Ambassador

26 Kestrel *The Winter Ambassador

27 Hawk *The Atumn Ambassador

28 Peter Junco Time Traveler

The Elemental Council

29 Jordan /Chief Gnome of the Elemental Council of Stones

30 Muriel/High Undine of the Elemental Council of Waves

31 Cameron/ Head Salamander of the Elemental Council of Flames

32 Ariel/High Sylph of the Elemental Council of Winds

http://s115.photobucket.com/albums/n316/Chronata/

OnePotato

Little Universe

Hello Chronata.

I just recently wandered into the group.

This is a most interesting structure you've come up with.
Sub-groups tied together within the whole.
A little universe you can hold in one hand.
I assume all of these characters also will appear within the full deck?
(But even if they don't, a series of 100 portraits on boxes as a branch of the work... pretty marvelous!)

And your painting style is very nice.

How long ago did you first start on this concept?

(I'll have to go back in the archives to catch up....)

OnePotato

Hello again Chronata.

Well, I've gone through the archives and followed the long saga of your creation up to the present. It seems I'm a bit late to the gala, (as usual,) but I hope the party will heat up again momentarily? (Right now, though, it seems there is a little private Halloween get-together going on in one of the rooms off on the side...)

Seriously, I think you're in the midst of something fabulous.

I am, along with many others, looking forward to the rest of the evening...

Chronata

Hi OnePotato!

I wanted to say thanks for the wonderful comments...you are really sweet!

But I have been so busy this last week, that I just have not had the chance answer this thread at all!

(but I see you found your own invitation to the event!)

By the way...there is no such thing as late to this party!
Fortuna's soirees tend to slip off the time track, and there is a lot of Time folding happening in the Majors...

and well...there are so few minors right now...that until those are finished...the party will just keep going on! :)

The concept for the boxes came about right after the Majors were finished...these cards are a really talkative bunch!

and I felt that the cards were a little on the expensive side (due to the hand making process...) that I wanted to give the buyer a little something extra...

I am very used to making ephemerial art...things that go away quickly...one of a kinds...or stuff that doesn't last...

This deck was the first time I actually had paintings that could be reproduced! (my paintings are often done on things like mugs, and flowerpots and walls...) So the one of a kind boxes seemed so natural to me!

The cast of characters on the boxes...will for the most part NOT be represented in the deck itself...(I have a whole different cast for that!)

and they come from stories I have written, roleplaying games I have run,dreams I have had...and sometimes they just appear out of thin air, plucked from the imagination!

The groups were always a consideration...but made practical by the fact that I can't seem to find 100 boxes that are the same (or afford them when I do...)

so I can use different styles of boxes, as long as they are consistant within their own group.

Yeah...that Halloween party next door...is a real distraction right now! (but that technique means I can do half the majors in the time it takes to make one painting for the Masquerade!) terribly seductive little ghouls they are!

Thanks again for saying such wonderful things!

I never really stopped to think how fabulous the party really is becomming! (and it's not even close to Midnight yet!)

But I tell you...I miss painting them! I miss sitting down, for a long conversation, in that magical place just off the edge of reason...

Chronata

I am updating this thread because I have had numerous questions about these recently.

I would love if anyone out there who has a photo of their box/character to please please PLEASE add a link or an attachment here!

I used to have photos of all of them (some of them really awful) but they are locked away in an inaccessible hard drive at the moment.

There are 49 boxes,and decks in this edition. I never made it to 100, though I do have the sketches and lists of who they would have been.

And who knows...maybe someday I will finish them.I will probably have to get my originals back first! :)

Here is the list of the rest of the first 50

33 Lyricalla-Mistress of Song

Dreamworld Denizens

34- Juneapur- High Lady of Kallkry
35- Orasha- Crown princess of Orali
36- Eranysa- Emissary and Councillor of Kallshyre
37- Elsong- Emissary of Kallkry
38- Deniakan- Lord of Chrishnor
39- Iltyne- Lady of Chrishnor

From the Council of Lost Worlds

40- Lord Castrial- Grand ambassador from Lemuria
41- Indria- the Royal emissary from Mu
42- Lo Pan-Kai- Palace Guardian from Xanadu
43- Sheridan-High Speaker from Hyperia
44- Chan-Far- Leading Emissary from Shangrila
45- Seranus- Lady of Atlantis
46- Quetzan- Chief Ambassador from Eldorado
47- Jasper Cy- Royal Navigator and Vizir from Utopia
48- Miles Macallistar- Emissary from Brigadoon
49- Gweneth-Queens council from Avalon

50- Carnivale- daughter of the carnival, one of the Three

I will also put up photos of the mini boxes(made from mint tins)...from the Quarter to Midnight Masquerqade Mini edition!

flying black kat

Masquerade Tarot

Chronata:

I do not have this deck. I wish I did. I, like OnePotato, am late to this thread.

If you decide to make any more of this deck, I would love to have 2.

I love your art. You always create your cards with something new and fresh while still being able to understand and relate to them.

Be at Peace.

Kathy

tarotlyn

:heart::) Chronata...PLEEEAASE put me down for two decks...whenever you get around to
making more of these...I never got one either because I didn't join AT until early 2007 or I just
plain missed your thread when you were making these available.

...and please put me down for the boxes for them as well...I hope to collect every piece of
lovely art that you can imagine and create! Can you tell I am a fan? :heart:

...I have to say (even though it is off topic some)...I just LOVE my tarot stones you recently made for me!
I have laid them in a large tray and I just move them all around the tray, mixing them all up (gently)
and drawing a tarot stone each day! ...with my eyes closed of course! ;)
...and I am getting some pretty amazing daily readings that are quite accurate! :):thumbsup:

So, you see, your art work is a MUST for me! :heart:
...AND I will wait for however long it takes you for to make more of these decks...
...no pressure here...just when you feel like it and can get to them.
:heart: HUGS
tarotlyn

Chronata

I don't know if I will ever get to the next 50 or not.
They are so much work...it takes about a week's worth of hours to make ONE deck and box, so I would have to have a pretty clear schedule, or really find a way to make them easier.
That's why they sold for $100 each.

I am really hoping someday....

tarotlyn

:):heart: I don't mind paying that amount, because I do believe: 'Pay a man (or woman) their hire.'
That means, (to me), 'Pay them whatever they are worth.'... and my dear you are worth a LOT! :):heart:

Please keep this deck in your thoughts and if and when you ever feel the urge to create
this deck and box again, I want the set for sure!

Have you thought about using a print-on-demand online printer for the cards? They do a great job
and it is so much easier for you. You can get them at cost. That would save you so much work and time
and would be so much less expensive than you doing it yourself.

:heart: tarotlyn

MoonGypsy

Chronata, i will have my hubby take a pic of my box #50 later this weekend.

BTW, that set is beyond my feeble speech's ability to even begin to express its Magick and Beauty! :heart: i am in total and complete Love and Awe!

We are getting ready to go out of town on a Business trip, so it is not a good time right now to do it... We will probably be able to do it sometime on Sunday.

Hugs and Blessings,
MoonGypsy xxx