For those who carry crystals on their person -- HOW do you do it?

shelikes2read

I have a question for those who carry crystals on their person. HOW do you do it? I have learned the hard way not to put loose, smooth things in my pocket, as there is always a danger of losing them. Plus, they could get scratched by my keys, or (in my other pocket) could scratch or damage my cell phone.

I have a suggestion that people might find useful. Look into traveler's wallets, the kind that you can fit under clothing. Wrist/ankle wallets are one thing that might work well, provided the stones are not soft enough to be damaged by an impact. There are other items that are designed to be worn under clothes that fasten to a leg or loop around the wearer's neck.

And for the ladies on the forum... I have found a bra wallet. Donned properly, it's invisible to onlookers. Very useful. :)

I just thought I'd pass this info along, as there's no such thing as too many ways to keep our stones safe and prevent them from being damaged or lost.

stonesatiety

Thanks Shelikes. Travel wallets, bands and such can place stones on or close to where our body needs the energy. When all else fails, you could always duct tape a stone somewhere. ha! Jewelry is a great way to carry stones, of course. I'll leave the secret bra carry device, an excellent means of getting chlorite-included quartz in contact with the breasts, to females.

For some reason I don't like to wear jewelry. It would be handy and I've tried, but I soon give it up. Being a guy, I always have side pockets of some sort, so I use small bags with openings that pull tight. (Most women I know have their purse, a more roomy carrier. Well, potentially more roomy!) Sometimes I have a few bags in each pocket. The only way I carry multiple stones in one bag is, for example, a group of three polished ametrines that don't scratch each other. It's easy to pull stones out for sharing too.

Years ago while working at a big box retail store, I found that the great majority of my coworkers were stone lovers, either newly discovering this with the stone I shared, or quietly playing with stones out of view! How fun.

Another way to take stones with you is by remembering who's sitting at home. There is a large amethyst flower cluster here who loves to work with people at a distance. At 45 lbs./20.25 kg., it's too large to fit in my pocket! :) If the feeling comes to share, I ask the person. Then I have them ask the stone. Strong, hot energy bathes us immediately!

DownwardSpiral

Thanks for sharing this : )

I carry my stones loose in my pocket. I just make sure nothing else goes in the same pocket. And I've almost lost a few of those stones when they tried to be sneaky and fell out of my pocket without me even knowing.

LOL and when I went to mediation I had stones in my pockets and both socks as well : )

tarotbear

I was in an Asian shop and they had tiny brocade pouches that had a zipper and a snap - about 2 inches square. Just enough padding to keep the stone safe and easy to transfer between pockets. I believe they were for storing rings.

greatdane

I've had those, Tarotbear

I got some at a garage sale once. They're really a great size. But when I carry a stone, I usually just tuck it in my pocket, but then have to remember to take it out before I wash clothes! That's happened a couple times. I also had wire wrapped crystal and wore as a necklace or pendant.

celticnoodle

I carry them in small draw string pouches, also just in my jeans pockets, as I am always (or nearly always) in blue jeans. I also have a few small leather pouches that zip shut. They are big enough to hold a few small stones--and is on a long leather string that can fit over my neck, so the pouch will hang just below my neck or lower. In one of these I always carry my one small crystal ball that is about as large as a quarter. I do also keep them in my purse, generally only if the purse has a zipped up compartment for makeup. that sort of thing.

I really like the small string pouches and the leather pouches that zip and always think about buying more of them. I got these in the new age store in Vermont, but can't find them where I live now unfortunately. So, when I go back to VT, I'm going to have to load up!

oh yes, I also have two of my crystals wire wrapped and I wear them on a necklace chain. I just had a woman come up ot me the other day while wearing it, admiring it. One stone is my moldavite and the other is my peitersite.

Rhoswen

Searching for "brocade pouch" on amazon.com turns up a bunch of different kinds.

shelikes2read

I carry them in small draw string pouches, also just in my jeans pockets, as I am always (or nearly always) in blue jeans. I also have a few small leather pouches that zip shut. They are big enough to hold a few small stones--and is on a long leather string that can fit over my neck, so the pouch will hang just below my neck or lower. In one of these I always carry my one small crystal ball that is about as large as a quarter. I do also keep them in my purse, generally only if the purse has a zipped up compartment for makeup. that sort of thing.

I really like the small string pouches and the leather pouches that zip and always think about buying more of them. I got these in the new age store in Vermont, but can't find them where I live now unfortunately. So, when I go back to VT, I'm going to have to load up!

oh yes, I also have two of my crystals wire wrapped and I wear them on a necklace chain. I just had a woman come up ot me the other day while wearing it, admiring it. One stone is my moldavite and the other is my peitersite.
Does that VT shop have an online presence? Maybe you can order the pouches that way.

I'm always looking for new ways to bring stones and other items with me safely, so this thread has been educational. :)

stonesatiety

Here is a link to the main type I use: http://www.bountyofmotherearth.com/product/VP-1 . I have not yet ordered anything from this site--they have some nice tetrahedrons as well--but I remembered finding the bags here awhile back. I really need some new bags. Mine happen to be red, but the same size and perhaps the same material.

I mentioned a deerskin pouch somewhere else that a Tibetan black quartz crystal stays within. It's a beautiful pouch, gifted by a friend, however, the cheap 3 x 4 inch (7.62 x 10.16 cm) bags protect the crystals and take less pocket space.

Padma

I wear mine as jewellery, because I have given up on the loose stone thang - too many lost! I prefer to wear them securely fastened by chains, or on my fingers and wrists. It works.