Foreign words in a dream message?

IheartTarot

I woke up the other morning thinking of 3 words in a language I don't recognize. I got an urge to write them down and I did so immediately but cannot find out what they mean now (have tried google, online translator). The words were "over tog semmer". Does anyone have any idea what this might mean or have they ever had dreams like this before?

Stormdancer

I woke up the other morning thinking of 3 words in a language I don't recognize. I got an urge to write them down and I did so immediately but cannot find out what they mean now (have tried google, online translator). The words were "over tog semmer". Does anyone have any idea what this might mean or have they ever had dreams like this before?
What kind of language did it sound like? I can't recall if this has happened to me, but then I rarely remember dreams unless they're those BIG ones.

cronegoddess54

I have no idea what language this is...I played around with the letters in the words and got....go to verse (mmer?) did you try doing this? or..... go to serve (mmer?)

amethyst57

sounds Scandinavian...maybe Danish, Norwegian,Swedish...

but, it translates as "more than took votes" in Danish...

in Swedish it's "took over summer"

Norwegian, "of trains Semmes"

remember any more details of yer dreams?

maybe a past life memory dream?

Cat*

Looks like a Scandinavian language to me - Swedish, or Danish. Might also be Dutch.

ETA: rockersgurl, we posted at the same time :)

By the way, I'm going entirely by feel here, since I don't speak any of the languages I mentioned.

IheartTarot

I thought it was Danish at first, but the online translator did not. :|

I don't remember anything else about the dream, it was as if I was woken up to write it down!

I did play around with the letters (anagrams etc).

Google's closest match is "Over The Summer" which is a movie I have never heard of.

It could be alien or gibberish. :D

Thanks everyone for trying to help, I felt a little foolish asking. :thumbsup:

Rootweaver

It reminds me a bit of Afrikaans (language of the Boers in Southern Africa.) "Oor tog somer" or "oor tog skemer" which could possibly mean 'over please, summer' or 'over please, sunrise/sunset.'

IheartTarot

It reminds me a bit of Afrikaans (language of the Boers in Southern Africa.) "Oor tog somer" or "oor tog skemer" which could possibly mean 'over please, summer' or 'over please, sunrise/sunset.'

Dankie Jera! (I am South African and Afrikaans is my second language. ;) )

The closest language recognized by the online translator was Dutch but I don't think they have an Afrikaans option.

Rootweaver

Dankie Jera! (I am South African and Afrikaans is my second language. ;) )

The closest language recognized by the online translator was Dutch but I don't think they have an Afrikaans option.

Happy to meet you fellow tarot traveller. I was born and bred in South Africa, Afrikaans was my 2nd language too. Immigrated to Australia 2 and a half years ago. :)

IheartTarot

Happy to meet you fellow tarot traveller. I was born and bred in South Africa, Afrikaans was my 2nd language too. Immigrated to Australia 2 and a half years ago. :)

Aangename kennis! ;)