Foreseeing accidents? - need input

torontonian69

Hi everyone,
Not sure this is the right thread but here it goes.
yesterday I had a friend come over to spend the afternoon and I decided to practice my readings on her. I read the transparent tarot in conjunction with the Universal Transparent tarot. The reading went well, however, later yesterday her father had a fall serious enough to put him in the hospital. This morning while telling me about that incident she said: your reading was so spot on.... how come thae accident never showed up in it?
And I was wondering: what cards combination is equal an accident? because in this case was a home accident, but there are other types (water accident, work accident) not to mention the type of accident. Is there a way to read of the cards to get information as specific as her father falling down the stairs?

gregory

One thing I would say is - you read for HER, not for her father. So you wouldn't necessarily expect to pick up on his accident.

starrystarrynight

...as gregory said...so, you might have seen cards to reflect how her father's fall would affect her, but maybe not cards to depict the fall itself.

As for cards to denote accidents, the Tower and Chariot, rx, seem pretty obvious, but I've also seen the ill-dignified or reversed Four of Pentacles come up for a fall. The Four of Swords suggests visiting someone in the hospital. A prominence of Fours and/or Sevens comes up for me to signify negative health issues. I could also see the Ten or Eight of Pentacles, rx, refer to a health issue of a family member. And of course, all those Swords...:)

Those are off the top of my head, so they may or may not fit the way you read cards.

torontonian69

Thank you guys! Great point Gregory! Most times the obvious escapes me...

nisaba

And I was wondering: what cards combination is equal an accident? because in this case was a home accident, but there are other types (water accident, work accident) not to mention the type of accident. Is there a way to read of the cards to get information as specific as her father falling down the stairs?

The Chariot often comes up for car accidents.

The Eight Wands and/or the Knight Swords often come up for accidents caused by speed (running and stumbling, falling because of haste etc).

The Queen Wands and the Sun have both come up for accidents resulting in burns (and the Queen for deliberately inflicted burns).

The Ace Cups and the Five Cups came up together in a local reading only a few weeks ago, a very sad reading for the elder sister of the young local teenager (one of twins) who was sucked out to sea in a rip, drowned and not found until the following day - I had horrible feelings as soon as I saw the cards, and when I heard the search helicopters go over my house I suspected the cards had something to do with it, but I didn't find out about the drowning until the day he was found, when the cards suddenly made crystal-clear sense.

If you really wanted to ask not about accidents but about why it didn't show up in your reading, here is the beginning of an explanation:

1) Perhaps if the person had known, they might have strained so much to change things, that it might have ruptured the life-paths of other people around them, so they couldn't be allowed to know.

2) Perhaps the spread didn't have enough "free" positions in it, allowing cards to come up for things not asked about.

3) Perhaps the reading was for her, and not for her father.

4) Perhaps her emotional ties to her father weren't strong enough for her cards to tap into his destiny every time she has a reading.

5) Perhaps there is a very good reason that I, as a non-god, don't have at my fingertips.

Glass Owl

I agree with the ideas put forth by the other posters, especially about the fact that the fall was her father's rather than her own.

Plus, if one looks at some events as being the result of other things (the domino effect) maybe all of the things (even minor or seemingly insignificant ones) that help put the situation in motion were not in place at the time of the Tarot reading or were unknown.

For instance, maybe the father fell in the bathroom as he was about to take a shower. He only decided to take a shower at the last minute because he had just walked outside barefoot to collect his newspaper. A newspaper which the delivery person had thrown too far from the porch so the father (who had forgotten to put on his glasses) ended up stepping in doggie doo that was in the grass which was just put there by a stray dog minutes before.

So many variables, so many events that are built on top of other ones.

I personally believe that some major events are fated, that they are going to happen regardless of what we do or don't do. But lots of things are the result of chance and last minute actions.

gregory

For instance, maybe the father fell in the bathroom as he was about to take a shower. He only decided to take a shower at the last minute because he had just walked outside barefoot to collect his newspaper. A newspaper which the delivery person had thrown too far from the porch so the father (who had forgotten to put on his glasses) ended up stepping in doggie doo that was in the grass which was just put there by a stray dog minutes before.

So many variables, so many events that are built on top of other ones.

I LOVE this. I can use it for something in a reading circle, if I may ?

Glass Owl

I LOVE this. I can use it for something in a reading circle, if I may ?
Of course!

And here I never thought that I would ever talk about Tarot and doggie doo in the same post.

gregory

Of course!

And here I never thought that I would ever talk about Tarot and doggie doo in the same post.

I hadn't actually thought of using that particular word in the exercise that has occurred to me - but now that you mention it... Hm...

But it really is a GREAT post. Where do you think it leaves prediction - the thing that bugs the hell out of me when it comes to reading ?

Glass Owl

I hadn't actually thought of using that particular word in the exercise that has occurred to me - but now that you mention it... Hm...

But it really is a GREAT post. Where do you think it leaves prediction - the thing that bugs the hell out of me when it comes to reading ?
I think that some things can be predicted (based upon the energies that are surrounding the situation currently) but then there are unforeseen things that can come into play and change things at any time, especially the farther into the future you attempt to look. And sometimes accidents are just that, accidents.