Four Suits to describe scenery

sweet_intuition

Hey all,

I was wondering if one had to describe landscapes or scenes wrt to the four suits, how would they do so.

For instance, say the Suit of Swords to represent a landscape.. would it be a snowy mountain, to represent the icyness and cold steel blade of a sword. Or the Suit of wands representing a desert due to all the fire and heat?

Any ideas or suggestions?

firecatpickles

Four of anything reminds me of four corners. So maybe this would describe a fenced in garden area, earthy and bucolic---the proverbial white picket fence repleat with periwinkles and turtle doves?

sweet_intuition

I guess I should frame the question better.

Lets say we have the four suits of the minor arcana. Wands, Cups, Swords, and Pentacles. And supposing we had to describe four particular kind of landscapes that fit perfectly well with each suit.

So lets say the suit of Pentacles could represent a farming community, or a thick dense forest.

Swords, an snowy mountain range

Wands - a hot arrid desert

Cups - A fertile valley in with a river, or lake view?

So, what I would like to know is, if one had to describe a landscape or scene to represent the 4 suits... how would they do so, and why?

berrieh

In more traditional* terms:

Wands - A desert or dry land, with little greenery. Hot and dry. (Because their bright energy burns up the land and the water and their light exposes things for what they are; not a lot of hidden spaces in a Wands land.)

Cups - A barrier island, close and connected to a larger land mass, but surrounded by both River and Ocean. The land would be lush and undeveloped. Humid and warm, with the potential for rain, sun, hail. A range of temperatures---from almost-hot to almost-cold, but a very temperate land. No snow or extreme heat. (Because their fluid energy attracts water and feeds plantlife, and their nature is a bit changeable, so the weather patterns would need to change. Both River and Ocean represent them because their waters can be still and focused or expansive and violent.) Could also be a forest or anything lush and fertile.

Swords - A tundra or winter-land. There would probably be mountains, but there would be expanses of flat space as well. Snowing the majority of the time, but not always. The potential for clear land, melted snow. (Because the mind can be cold, but it can also pierce through the cold and detachment to create the Ace of Swords.)

Pentacles - A community of any kind.

*By traditional, I don't mean traditional depictions---I mean simply not considering 'modern places.'

In modern terms:

Wands - A rural area or anywhere with few people. Landscape doesn't matter---your own island, your own farm, etc---the idea is that it is more individualistic than a shared community.
Cups - A peaceful suburb, with darker aspects potentially under the surface.
Swords - A large city. Cold and potentially detached, but full of moving energy.
Pentacles - A small town or growing city. The spirit of building. Something wholly formed.

Starling

I decided I'd try this.

Swords - High and windy. Someplace you would see a lot of sky. Trees blowing in the wind.

Wands - I keep thinking of Southern California with its Mediterranean climate. Parts of California are a desert, but not the parts I used to live in where everything grew wildly, but only if there was water available. So I guess what I'm seeing is my old backyard. There was a mountain back there, and it wasn't irrigated, so it was both green and brown. Closer to the house everything was green.

Cups - A rocky beach close to the ocean. The rocks are wet, so they are strong, and surprising colors. The water is chageable depending on the weather.

Pentacles - An overgrown garden, ripe fields and vinyards, ready for harvest. Not wild nature, like the Wands, but organized by the hand of man. Bursting with life.