Frankendecken; Instructions & General discussion

cardlady22

Check out the Progress thread! We're rolling now! :party:

Oddity

Yup yup! I got the deck in the mail today – it is LOVELY!!! :party:

Oddity

Anybody want to give suggestions on where to go? (I live in Stockholm)

Ikea will get a visit, as well as the old town with cafés, possibly a zoo to see some reindeers, but I'll sadly probably not be able to go to the burial mounds of Old Uppsala during the next week. (I'll go on saturday 22nd, but will post the deck to Aulruna the day before.)

BlueDragonfly

Oddity said:
Yup yup! I got the deck in the mail today – it is LOVELY!!! :party:
Yay! Now that Frank is on his way, I'm looking forward to reading about all the places he'll be visiting-armchair traveller that I am.

gregory

Oddity said:
Anybody want to give suggestions on where to go? (I live in Stockholm)

Ikea will get a visit, as well as the old town with cafés, possibly a zoo to see some reindeers, but I'll sadly probably not be able to go to the burial mounds of Old Uppsala during the next week. (I'll go on saturday 22nd, but will post the deck to Aulruna the day before.)
I suggested Skansen before.... and Gamla Stan - where you are already going. DO take it on the T-bahn... :) and to the Town Hall to see all the water..... (Venice of the North....)

I LOVE Stockholm. Why didn't I know you lived there last time I was there ?

Le Fanu

So thrilled it has arrived! That was fast! Isn't he a bizarre creature? And yes, that big card :D I never thought that the bigger cards might get bent as they protrude most at the sides.

What is your favourite card? I meant to post mine but I've forgotten now as they are all so lovely. I like the card from the Fantastical Creatures Tarot. I also LOVE the Hermit but I donated that one so it would be a bit silly to vote for that as my favourite!

I find that he likes going to sumptuous, traditional cafés and looking at the cakes. Or maybe just take him for a hot-dog at IKEA :)

nisaba

I love the progress and journal threads, even though they've both only just started. Such colour already! My part of the travel itinerary is perfectly fine - I'm surrounded by worthy Australians whom I would be honoured to receive the deck from and forward it on to.

<to the people ahead of me> Would you lot HURRY UP! I want to get my paws on it! <laughter>

nisaba

gregory said:
I LOVE Stockholm. Why didn't I know you lived there last time I was there ?
Solution. Next time you travel, let us all know. That way, we'll know to hide our places of residence on our profiles! <cackle>

gregory

nisaba said:
Solution. Next time you travel, let us all know. That way, we'll know to hide our places of residence on our profiles! <cackle>
ACTUALLY I have taken to NOT posting about my travels, so as not to disappoint the terminally curious. :angel:

thorhammer

I'm going in to Fremantle today to the awesome Map Shop and will select the perfect map for Frankie's travels there :)

You'd all better be pleased - work stuffed up my pay and I'm really poor this week . . . the excursion to Fremantle is actually for yarn shopping with a friend, but I've decided that Frankie's map takes precedence over lovely yummy shiny new beautiful yarn!

\m/ Kat