frantic readings

simeys

this might sound like a silly question but here goes should one do a tarot reading on themselves if they are quite desperate or frantic any help appreciated much love and light simon

catlin

Welcome, Simon,
I do not advise doing a reading in an excited state of mind. You are too troubled to get a good or reliable result. I normally try to calm down first and then pull out the cards. Same goes with readings for querents who are too high on emotion.

Yora

Well i think the best way to get the message is when you are calmish and centered. And prepaired for whatever will be said, not trying to steer the answer because of desperateness. But it can also be that you get what you need at the moment, even though you feel frantic/desperate. ;)

I hope someone else can give you more tips on this one!

simeys

thankyou i think my (excited state) love it (certainly a better term of phrase than spiraling out of control) is clouding my judgement (aint love grand)
much love and light

Lady Orchard

Yora said:
Well i think the best way to get the message is when you are calmish and centered. And prepaired for whatever will be said, not trying to steer the answer because of desperateness.

I this is really important advice.

I have done a few readings when I've been in a highly emotional state - firstly I can feel my energy transfering to the cards, as they start flying out of the deck whilst I'm shuffling and I get a lot more reversals than usual.

But then I'm so upset I can't actually concentrate on what the cards are telling me.

If you can't resist doing a reading when you feel like this (I know what it's like) then I would recommend writing the reading down and going back to interpret it once you feel calmer.

simeys

thankyou for your replies and as for the cards going everywhere when shuffled thats what is happening i did a reading on this problem about 4 or 5 days ago when i felt a little more upbeat and the same cards came up 2 consecutive days should just wait but time moves incredibly slow when we hurt
thankyou muchly simon

wolfmaiden58

just remembering what my Reiki teacher taught me.......'be a pure and clear channel ...... for the highest good of all concerned'
- to me, this applies to interpreting cards, scrying, meditating, Reiki, whatever - IMHO we are just 'channels' or conduits, for our Higher Power (HGA) to work through - if we're not grounded, focussed and centred on our task, then anything we do/read/see etc. will be clouded by our ego, our emotions, or our shadow selves......
Does this make sense?
I know - I'm guilty of it too - which is why writing it down is an excellent idea....then reviewing it later.

grrlfrommars

I could never get an accurate reading if I did a spread in that frame of mind.

Having said that, the ritual I have in preparing myself for a reading often calms me down. It takes me a good 10 minutes before I even start! Perhaps I could suggest, if a reading must be done, that the reader does a pre-reading ritual and set up, walks away for a period of time, then returns.

Thirteen

simeys said:
should one do a tarot reading on themselves if they are quite desperate or frantic
Nope. Just not a good idea.