Freaked out.

Melisandre

As part of a spirit guide spread, I drew a card to represent the spirit guide who is currently with me. I was shocked that the card was the 7/Swords. I was confused so I drew a clarifying card - and got The Devil.

I'm freaked out because I couldn't help but I interpret this in the literal sense of a deceitful and "bad" energy. This is the first time I've been a little scared by a reading.

Am I overreacting? How would you feel if you drew these cards? Thanks!!

Aivli

As part of a spirit guide spread, I drew a card to represent the spirit guide who is currently with me. I was shocked that the card was the 7/Swords. I was confused so I drew a clarifying card - and got The Devil.

I'm freaked out because I couldn't help but I interpret this in the literal sense of a deceitful and "bad" energy. This is the first time I've been a little scared by a reading.

Am I overreacting? How would you feel if you drew these cards? Thanks!!

Yes, I think I'd be a bit afraid... at first. It's a natural reaction, especially where the image of the devil is concerned. Its very ingrained into our psyches, what with tv and movies, the faith/tradition you may have been raised in, and our culture in general. It can be a bit of a shock to pull these kinds of cards.

But...something that's really helping me is to stop thinking of the cards as "good/moral" or "bad/evil". I like to consider these types of cards as challenge, lesson, or "tough-love" advice cards.

I think it's all in the perspective you take.

You can't have light with out casting a few shadows.

There must be a BIG light over you!šŸ˜‰

As far a a spirit guide... Maybe whatever this particular energy is, it needs to teach you an important lesson immediately. Try making a list of all the things these cards mean to you, afterwards look up the traditional meanings, and then consider what is going on in your life where this information may fit in.

I don't think it literally means a demonic spirit is with you. And keep in mind the universe DOES have a sometimes twisted sense of humor.

Breathe. Hope this helps.

nisaba

I'm freaked out because I couldn't help but I interpret this in the literal sense of a deceitful and "bad" energy.

Or you could interpret it to mean that these are the energies in your life that your current spirit guide is trying to help you manage.

Or you could interpret it as: the seven indicating that if you knew too much about your guide or got too much help for them, you could be tempted (Devil) to abrogate some responsibility for your own conduct and your own decisions to them, and might backslide into deceiving yourself or robbing yourself of growth-opportunities (Seven).

1Eleven

I just tell them "Go Away." I learned that from American Horror Story :)

Jon

Melisandre

I don't think it literally means a demonic spirit is with you. And keep in mind the universe DOES have a sometimes twisted sense of humor.

Thanks Aivli... no, I don't think that either, it just really scared me! I was expecting to see something nice and comforting. You're quite right, the universe has a twisted sense of humor!

I just tell them "Go Away." I learned that from American Horror Story :)

Jon

HAHAHA, this literally just made me laugh out loud. Awesome show, btw :D

Melisandre

Or you could interpret it to mean that these are the energies in your life that your current spirit guide is trying to help you manage.

Or you could interpret it as: the seven indicating that if you knew too much about your guide or got too much help for them, you could be tempted (Devil) to abrogate some responsibility for your own conduct and your own decisions to them, and might backslide into deceiving yourself or robbing yourself of growth-opportunities (Seven).

Thanks for this interpretation, Nisaba. If it's energies that my spirit guide is helping me to manage, I'm not quite sure what they would be, as everything *seems* like smooth sailing right now. BUT, actually, this could be referring to abandoning social expectations, etc. I'm at a point where I'm not doing what everyone else in my social circle is doing and I do struggle with that at times. I'm living my life a differently. Maybe The Devil is about managing envious feelings for those who have what I do not.

Thank you so much for shedding some light on this! You've definitely helped me to see this in another (and much more helpful) way.

1Eleven

haha, I'm glad it worked... just trying to "lighten" things up for you. I can't wait for season 2!

Jon

Amanda

The Devil would make me think you've got something earthbound around you. The 7 of Swords would make me think it's someone who is confused and can't move on (because the person in the card is often looking backwards from where they just came from).

3Jane

That sounds like a trickster spirit. I tend to interpret the Devil as our hidden longings of which we're ashamed of and refuse to engage; very often sex and sensuality. Looks like you've got a guide that will cause you to bust out of your inhibitions (the Tower comes after the Devil), possibly by tricking and embarassing you. It reminds me of the coyote stories from "Women who run with the wolves", as well as haitian vodou Ghede spirits.

janie144

Hi Melisandre, I dont think I would be too freaked out by this, I tend to agree with nisaba, my main reason being because of the spread you used, in your case a spirit guide spread, if it were a spread simply concerning any spirit energies that were around you at the moment then i would possibly feel different.