French Cartomancy Lenormand OR Piatnik

ladybird

Between French Cartomancy or Piatnik, which Lenormand would you choose and why?

Thanks!

Le Fanu

French Cartomancy hands down. There is simply nothing whatseoever that I can criticise in it (except perhaps the companion book). The perfect historic Lenormand in every aspect.

I've never really found anything to get excited about with the Piatnik Lenomand. Too dowdy and dull.

Asher

The Piatnik hands down! Vibrant colors, great artwork, small size (especially if you want to photograph a Grand Tableau, and I often do). My top favorite of all my Lenormand decks!!!

The French Cartomancy is a nice deck, and I do use it, though I reach for the Piatnik more often than not. The cards are also larger than the Piatnik.

Eeviee

I cannot speak for the Piatnik, as I do not own it, but to say that I find it HIGHLY recommended here and elsewhere.

As for French Cartomancy, I like the card faces a lot. It is done in the Dondorf style. The artwork is stunning, and what I find really sets it apart from other Lenormands are the depictions of the Court Cards. They are so much more lively and detailed!

My negative opinions of the French Cartomancy is that it is larger than most of the Traditional Lenormands and that the backs are horrible! The backs have a dark blue reversible pattern, which I find more akin to modern playing card backs than other Lenormand back-styles. I find that they do not match up with the card faces at all either in illustration or colour scheme.

If you're interested in the French Cartomancy, if you do your research, you can find other renditions of the card faces (FC/Dondorf style) with better backs and in a smaller size! I believe they are published by a German company and found available on BookDepository.

ETA: http://www.bookdepository.com/Lenor...9783898758772?b=-3&t=-26#Bibliographicdata-26

That is the smaller one! I even compared the dimensions to the FC for you. =]
Though, I cannot vouch for this edition's backs.

ladybird

Thank you all for your input! The size and backs might be enough to pass on the FC but I'm not sure I like the images (at least from an online perspective) as much in the Piatnik. I do prefer the backs of the Piatnik though!! I don't think I'd mind the size of the FC, it doesn't seem that large.

Teheuti

The Konigsfurt Lenormand Orakelspielkarten are the same as the French Cartomancy but smaller and brighter. These are my all-time favorite by far! Available through bookdepository.

andybc

I second Teheuti. The "Dondorf" pattern, which is what the French cartomant deck is, has to be one of the best out there. But LS cards are too large and not well restored. I have a one over 100 years old, and it is still beautiful.

I've never liked the Piatnik, for some reason.

ladybird

If you're interested in the French Cartomancy, if you do your research, you can find other renditions of the card faces (FC/Dondorf style) with better backs and in a smaller size! I believe they are published by a German company and found available on BookDepository.

ETA: http://www.bookdepository.com/Lenor...9783898758772?b=-3&t=-26#Bibliographicdata-26

That is the smaller one! I even compared the dimensions to the FC for you. =]
Though, I cannot vouch for this edition's backs.

Thank you, Eeviee, for the link!! :) Is this the deck that Teheuti and andybc refer to? It seems like it but my German is nikt gut. :)

Teheuti

Thank you, Eeviee, for the link!! :) Is this the deck that Teheuti and andybc refer to? It seems like it but my German is nikt gut. :)
This is the one. Excellent deck!

ladybird

Thanks, Tehueti! I respect your opinion and trust I will enjoy this Dondorf version over the LSFC. I have finally placed the order (through the link given by eeviee, thanks!) I really like the Dondorf traditional style but wasn't sure about the size of LS. I was about to pull the trigger on the FC and just "deal" with the size but I'm grateful there's a Dondorf version with the traditional size and card inserts available. I'm not sure on this but I believe it may be the first Lenormand?

Also, does anyone know how long it takes for bookdepository to mail to west coast us? It's my first order with them.

Thanks again!!