Friend vs Stranger Readings

greatdane

Would you prefer to have a friend or stranger read for you, if you felt their skills as a reader were relatively equal? And would you prefer to read for a friend or a stranger?

I was thinking about this as I only read for a friend. Mostly I read for myself. But wondering about those of you who read alot, professionally or not. Would you rather read for a friend or a stranger? If you're getting a reading, would you prefer a friend or a stranger read for you?

olivia1

i would rather read for a stranger but be read for by a friend

greatdane

oooh THAT'S interesting, Olivia!

May I ask why to each of those answers?

MissJo

Would I rather read for a friend or a stranger?
Either or, when it comes to friends I feel a lot less pressured and more relaxed. But I do like the challenge with strangers and it makes me feel good when they tell me I read accurately.

Reading for me?
Uhm... I never had a friend read for me, honestly... and even if one would to read for me, I'm so quiet about most of my problems they'd probably have no idea what the reading was for, haha. I do like it when I have acquaintances read for me though!

greatdane

that's cool, Miss Jo!

I liked that about feeling more relaxed with friends, but more challenged by reading for a stranger! That makes sense.

Not that I don't think some people could do a great reading for me, but mostly I just like to read for myself for insight and guidance. I like to feel that bond with the cards.

MissJo

Yeah, I do feel more bonded with my cards when I do self-readings for them too... I tend to double check with other readers though in case I'm some how affecting my own reading.

I'm trying to learn how to detach myself from my questions... it's an in-progress practice but i think I'm getting better :p

nisaba

I'd rather read for a stranger (because I'm less inhibited), and I'd rather have a good reader read for me - whether they are a friend or a stranger is a moot point.

celticnoodle

I do exchange readings with many of my 'tarot friends' - some here from A.T. and get great insight from them. I tend to rely on them for tarot readings instead of professionals over all.

As for reading for others, I do generally exchange a reading for a reading with my tarot buddies, but over all, I prefer to read for strangers, because when I hit things right on the mark, it is very rewarding to see it on the clients face or hear it from them. Where as with my friends, I guess I don't ever really 'know' for sure if i am reading the way I expect it to occur for them, because I know them so well, or if I am truly giving them a fantastic read. But, I also enjoy that they are willing to come to me for guidance when they need it. :)

Le Fanu

I'd rather read for people I know nothing whatsoever about.

Cassandra022

i'd definitely prefer to be read for by a stranger. i'm a rather secretive person, and a lot of rather personal issues...they are difficult for me to talk about at all, but especially not to a friend. like, a stranger, i could be more open with because hell, not like i'm going to see them again, but a friend...i don't want to go there. i don't want them to know certain things about me. so i would be vague, they wouldn't have as much to go on in the reading, and we'd both lose out to some degree, i'm sure.

as for who i'd rather read for...i'm actually not sure. on the one hand, it might be a bit more difficult to read for a friend about difficult things, but then again...i feel often like i need to be this nicer, more normal/socially acceptable version of me with strangers, so i might be able to be a bit blunter with a friend, especially one i'm close with. also, i might not feel as pressured to do a 'good' reading so...yeah, i think overall i'd rather read for a friend. though in real life, my friends by and large have no interest in tarot readings from me so that never happens.