full moon in pisces ~ Sept 17

isthmus nekoi

This month's sun-moon opposition will connect at 25 degrees Virgo-Pisces. The Virgo-Pisces axis may be understood by their common link through serving others and serving GOD be it through Mercury’s ritual (Virgo) or Jupiter’s expansive generosity (Pisces). However, all is not so benevolent with this lunation. In fact, it’s going to be quite intense with a lot of friction heating up our cooling autumn skies so let’s tackle them one by one.

1) The strongest signature is a tight T-square formed by the Sun-Mercury conjunction and the moon with Pluto at the apex spelling out an atmosphere fueled with profound aggression and manipulation. Throw in Mars (in stubborn Taurus no less!) with a tight sextile and trine to our full moon opposition and people may very well have the balls and the stamina to fully act upon their darker desires. This is a time where explosive secrets and repressed drives might finally boil over.

2) We also have an exact fixed square with Venus-Saturn, and a T-square with Neptune opposing Saturn, if you allow for an 8 degree orb. With both Saturn and Venus in their signs of detriment, this is definetely not an easy time for relationships, especially with the aforementioned Pluto action in the mix. Affection is being withheld in favour of keeping score and games of oneupmanship.

3) I don’t usually look at inconjuncts, but there are three (Saturn-Uranus, Mars-Pluto and Mars-Jupiter) in this lunation, with the later two forming a yod and yes, the orbs are tight enough. Now I don’t do yods, but when Pluto, Jupiter and Mars get to talking together, all I have to say is there will be plenty of energy to burn and people are going to need an outlet.

Now I know I’ve painted a dire picture, so let me add that there is an opportunity here to clean out the closet literally or figuratively. w/Pluto making hard aspects, this isn’t going to be easy and the image that immediately comes to mind is of clearing out a field full of land mines. If you’re going to defuse psychological bombs, give yourself lots of space and take note, it may not take much for arguments to devolve into senseless shouting matches. As this lunation wanes, channel the intensity of the energy towards clearing out what you don’t need anymore. Release, transform, purify.

My advice is to find an outlet: clean the bathroom, pound out an hour at the gym, burn pictures of your ex, whatever. Just make sure you can handle the consequences of your actions b/c you may be more impulsive than usual, and whatever you do, don’t sit and stew.

nb: You might be hit especially hard if your chart has influential planets in mutable signs from 21-27 degrees.

ps: thanks for the reminder paradoxx!!

I do not know

I see the Yods as important this month. In the latter one you speak of, before the New Moon, Mars turns retrograde, afterward Mercury and Moon meet up at the Jupiter point of the Yod before the sextile aspect of the Yod passes (orb disclaimer). Since Mars is the focal point and goes apparent retrograde, I'd say that certain instigating actions taken will be revisited, reflected upon, and communicated about in a big way.

paradoxx

isthmus nekoi said:
ps: thanks for the reminder paradoxx!!

Just trying to stay one step ahead. The moon enters pisces in the early morning hours of the 16th (3:30 MST so if your more than 10 hours west it will be just before midnight). The Aquarius rush is calming down, but once the moon comes out we might become resltess and a litle agitated over interpersonal behaviour. Social environments will need their own space to develop.

Mercury close to the sun creates an environment of communication and favoritism gone astray. Don't give power to the wrong ideal, or it will come back and bite you, hard.

Sophie

How will that explosive atmosphere influence someone like me - born with the Sun and 2 other personal planets in Pisces, one personal planet in Scorpio, and one in Cancer? (none of them being the Moon, which is in Sagittarius)? Or is that irrelevant? (forgive my ignorance).

I'm always affected by the full moon, btw.

WhiteRaven

Well, from what I've read here and in the thread re Taurus....I'm digging myself a nice hole with my family this weekend....and staying out of the social scene. There's just too much "water" in my progressed chart to allow myself to get into conflicts with people right now!

Thanks for the posts folks! :)

GoddessArtemis

Why doesn't this new moon sound good to me? I hate it when the moon is in Pisces...makes me moody and a wet-blanket, crying over the smallest things. I have a Pisces Sun (at 17 degrees) and a Scorpio Rising (0 degrees)...thank goodness my moon is in Sagittarius and the rest of my planets are in Taurus/Aries. I want this moon GONE. It's always aggravating. Best moon, IMO? Sagittarius, Libra, Leo.

O yeah, Cancer moon is bad for me, too. Always get into arguments with that one around...

GA

Nevada

Mars is conjuncting my Moon in Taurus in the 7th house, and the Full Moon will be in the sign of my natal Mars, in Pisces (4th house).

I have jury duty the 16th. I wonder if there will be any effect.

Mars and Moon. Fire and water combined can produce steam--which has to go somewhere. I cut my finger accidentally today, and it bled quite a bit. I'm told Mars is related to blood. I do think that accident, and a similar, less bloody one just a couple of days earlier, are signs I've let my energy and attention be split between too many things, resulting in not paying proper attention to what I was doing. So I'm taking heed now, including watching for upsets in relationships.

Nevada

purplefishy

Why doesn't this new moon sound good to me? I hate it when the moon is in Pisces...makes me moody and a wet-blanket, crying over the smallest things. I have a Pisces Sun (at 17 degrees) and a Scorpio Rising (0 degrees)...

Hey me too! Well, the Pisces Sun/Scorpio Rising thing, but my moon's in Cancer so...it's a party!

Hmm. I get to go on an international flight from L.A. to Scotland that day. Uh...yay?

I do not know

For Clarity----

I'm the one who brought up the New Moon. isthmus nekoi wrote of the Full Moon in Pisces.

The New Moon (following the full moon) occurs 3 Oct 2005 (in my timezone) and it will be in Libra. The New Moon occurs when Moon conjuncts Sun.

There was another Yod a few days ago between Moon, Uranus, and (pointed to) Saturn. That was this month's earlier Yod because the Sextile between Jupiter and Pluto of the latter Yod (which points at Mars) is still applying when this month's earlier Yod (12 Sept 2005) formed then separated.

paradoxx

GoddessArtemis said:
O yeah, Cancer moon is bad for me, too. Always get into arguments with that one around...

GA

Water signs, yeah they tend to overwhealm alot. What do you make of the scorpio moon phase?