Fun Question!

BLFO

Do you wish you can create another card to add into the tarot deck? You feel that something is missing?

I wish there was a card designated to represent the querant only, instead of you just picking a card that represent your zodiac sign or your personality (usually the major arcana). Tarot needs an extra card, like the Wyrd (no-symbol card in runes). Just a blank card or a card showing a mirror, representing You.

This comes in hand for interpersonal relationship spreads. So you know what is going to happen to you directly.

6 Haunted Days

The Sakki-Sakki tarot has an extra card called The Artist's card. It's a stage with a deep black background and colourful curtains. There are many suggestions for it's use in her book, but one of them is as a significator. It works wonderfully in that capacity! I included a picture of it.

Attachments

• Sakki-Artist.gif
    Sakki-Artist.gif
    28.3 KB · Views: 95

Tomsde

I'm in the process of designing my own designing my own deck and I thought of including a card called The Seeker, which could be used to represent the querrent or oneself when doing doing readings.

Silverlotus

Doesn't the Robin Wood have a blank card as well?

If I were to make my own deck, I would want to have four court cards to better balance the energy. Other than that, I'm happy with the traditional set-up. :) Although, I do like all the additional cards in the Steele Wizard.

frelkins

etteilla decks have 2 cards for the sitter, 1 for each gender. So it's not an untraditional idea at all!

afrosaxon

Wild Card in NOVT

The New Orleans Voodoo Tarot has an wild card called Les Barons. The Barons belong to the Guedeh spirit family; these "are not spirits of the dead, but the spirit of Death itself (p. 88, NOVT book)." They are a mixture of humor, death, and sex (especially the correlation between sex and death :D).

The card is on the bottom row, second from the left:

http://www.astroamerica.com/t-voodoo.html

This card signifies unexpected change, but not like The Tower (called Deluge in the NOVT deck). It ascribes a sense of humor to the change, so that the reader realizes that humor will be important in getting through this change.

Summersnowflake

How about a card that uses some kind of reflective material to act like a mirror? Used, we hope, in an artistic way to encourage the querent either to see into their own eyes or see themselves as the world does... ?

Disa

oh I was just about to post the suggestion of a mirror card- so, I think you're idea is a good one ;)

Disa