Dreaming with the tarot cards & psychic bonds?

Reverie

Good evening all,

This post might seem a little odd to some, but it is something I tried as a test a few days ago, and it has yielded some strange results.

I read somewhere that sleeping with your tarot cards will help with "bonding" with one's cards.
I tried this a few nights in a row.

The first time was with the knight of wands, and of course I dreamt of a lover, but a very dishonest one.

The second was with the Star, and I can assure you it was one of the worst nightmares that I have had in a long time and which I can recall very vividly.
In it, the "hope" was that I survived. I also think this was somewhat of a predictive dream. Anyways very odd. I kept the thought of the star throughout my dream and analyzed it according to the star-- I had that awareness throughout the dream.

I suggested my friend, who is also into tarot and lives with me, try it. The night she did it, we compared dreams and realized that we dreamt of exact situations and circumstances, except for one opposing element.

Is this odd? Could it be that we could be 'communicating' on some other level?
We have shared one another's tarot cards, so perhaps we have some strange affinity at this point? Our dreams hold a weird connection.

What are your thoughts? Any surprising stories?
Do you think it's a good idea to sleep with a different tarot card each night as a way to 'get to know them'? Do you see this as dangerous I've found that this was mentally draining for me in the last few days and I felt somewhat perturbed.

One thing I am sure of, sleeping with a tarot card will definitely give you very vivid dreams.

Indigo Rose

cutiecutie said:
Is this odd? Could it be that we could be 'communicating' on some other level?
We have shared one another's tarot cards, so perhaps we have some strange affinity at this point? Our dreams hold a weird connection.

What are your thoughts? Any surprising stories?
Do you think it's a good idea to sleep with a different tarot card each night as a way to 'get to know them'? Do you see this as dangerous I've found that this was mentally draining for me in the last few days and I felt somewhat perturbed.

One thing I am sure of, sleeping with a tarot card will definitely give you very vivid dreams.

Hey CutieCutie! Thanks for posting this thread. I believe you and your friend were communicating in another realm. I've been learning to practice Psychometery with my Tarot Cards. By this I mean I get impressions from the cards by touching the backs of the cards before I turn them over. Sometimes I get the picture almost literally. If this can be done while awake....when the conscious mind is an obstacle...how much more so while asleep...when the conscious mind is not in the way at all? I think it is a cool technique you are trying there. Keeping the journal is a good idea, as it will help you connect the dots over time and grow in your understanding. What's even cooler is that you and your friend are trying this together. Keep taking notes and comparing! You are doing some really cool investigative work. :D

:heart: indigo rose

firefrost

I tried sleeping with my cards a long time ago and got absolutely nothing. :(

Centaur

firefrost said:
I tried sleeping with my cards a long time ago and got absolutely nothing. :(

I hope you used protection. ;)

I used to sleep with my cards under my pillow five or six years ago, but I was having such odd experiences with them, that I decided the best place for them was on the shelf NEXT to my pillow. I was fairly new to opening myself up to what the cards where trying to tell me, and it freaked me out somewhat. Now, after reading your post, and five/six years down the line, I think I might try it out again! :D

firefrost

Well I hope you use protection ;) made me laugh :D

Might try my bedside table then. I remember I was so worried about creasing the cards that I didn't sleep properly anyway.

Which really had a counter-effect because I believe spirit come to me in my sleep and dreams and I whilst trying to promote this all it did was have the opposit effect.

Slow? Moi??

Emily

I've slept next to my Liber T and had some interesting dreams - One involving quite a lot of chocolate LOL - I don't usually try the sleeping next to a deck experiment but when I went away for a few days the Liber T was in my bag next to the bed. I've also had dreams about specific cards, the Empress was one last week - I watched the mother bird feeding her chicks with blood from her breast, I was in the card but watching - that was good.

firefrost

That sounds brilliant, Emily. I don't have the Liber T - I've decided I'm going to start tonight with my Victoria Regina deck, box open on my bedside table.

I expect great things...

Emily

Hi firefrost,

Now the Victoria Regina could be interesting - I wonder if you will dream the cards in black and white or coloured?

My dreams with the Liber T are very similar to the cards themselves. I usually shuffle them before going to sleep then put them back in their box. :)

firefrost

That's what I thought, Emily, as I do dream in colour.

Plus I'm wondering 'past lives' of that era...

As an experiment, after a week with this deck, I'll try a colourful one, I think.

Unless of course I have brilliant successes that I want to stay with!

I can live in hope...

starless

I too have slept with cards under my pillow, to my recollection I've never dreamed of anything based on the cards while they were there (but I mean we have several dreams a night and we can hardly remember them).

But I do leave them on my night stand next to my bed. I've had two dreams, very odd in my opinion. One dream I saw all the cards fanned out on the floor and I picked up one of them and it was called "The Friendship" card and it depicted 2 young women with curly blonde locks hugging each other. And the other dream I was being led to a wooden table and told to look at it, realizing there was one solitary card there. Scared to look, (dunno why exactly) I finally peered at it and it was the King of Cups. Well, I'm going to try this technique tonight Cutiecutie and see what results I get!