Dreaming with the tarot cards & psychic bonds?

8ofcuper

cutiecutie said:
Good evening all,

This post might seem a little odd to some, but it is something I tried as a test a few days ago, and it has yielded some strange results.

I read somewhere that sleeping with your tarot cards will help with "bonding" with one's cards.
I tried this a few nights in a row.

The first time was with the knight of wands, and of course I dreamt of a lover, but a very dishonest one.

The second was with the Star, and I can assure you it was one of the worst nightmares that I have had in a long time and which I can recall very vividly.
In it, the "hope" was that I survived. I also think this was somewhat of a predictive dream. Anyways very odd. I kept the thought of the star throughout my dream and analyzed it according to the star-- I had that awareness throughout the dream.

I suggested my friend, who is also into tarot and lives with me, try it. The night she did it, we compared dreams and realized that we dreamt of exact situations and circumstances, except for one opposing element.

Is this odd? Could it be that we could be 'communicating' on some other level?
We have shared one another's tarot cards, so perhaps we have some strange affinity at this point? Our dreams hold a weird connection.

What are your thoughts? Any surprising stories?
Do you think it's a good idea to sleep with a different tarot card each night as a way to 'get to know them'? Do you see this as dangerous I've found that this was mentally draining for me in the last few days and I felt somewhat perturbed.

One thing I am sure of, sleeping with a tarot card will definitely give you very vivid dreams.

I had two dreams so far that had to do with my tarot deck. It seemed that my sprit guid was helping me learn to read tarot. The 1st dreams was kinda like how to tell what the meaning was with two cards next to each other, and the next dream was when I learned a spread.

sashie

I've beeen sleeping with my Phantasmagoric Theater. I have a book pillow... a little pillow with a pocket on it. And I put my deck (in the box) in the pocket, and cuddle it. It's replaced my stuffed fox. I started dreaming about the deck before it arrived, and sleeping with it every night, I dream about the characters.

Wands were my least favorite suit, but the past few nights I've been dreaming about the Fire Wand Circus. The dreams are centered around Maggie, the Queen of Wands. I don't know if that has any symbolic meaning, or if it's just because I have a horrendous crush on her.

I've tried a single card in my pillowcase with Osho and Tarot of the Moon Garden... but nothing relevant in my dreams. I think because it takes so long for me to fall asleep... I seem to 'forget' that the card is there... but having a whole deck cuddled in my arms, it's sweet and comforting. I'd like to give it another try, soon. Perhaps it will be deeper this time.

I'll add to this thread if something interesting occurs. ( :

afrosaxon

I sleep with my cards under my pillow...it helps me bond with the deck, this is true. But I also feel like I get a better handle on energies, especially since I do a daily reading (pick a card to give me an indication of the energies of the day).

Sakura Murasaki

I wouldn't sleep with my decks, but I did have a few dreams on Tarot. The one that stuck with me the most goes like this: I'm in the living room with my Dad, and he appears to be angry with me because the cards of my Lunatic Tarot are all over the floor. While I don't remember the cards of the deck that I picked up, I do remember picking up the deck that is not in the Lunatic at all (but it was in the style of the artwork).

It was titled, "The Sleeping Rose," and it showed a girl, surrounded mostly by blackness, and she is holding a bright, crimson rose. It was pretty clear in my dream and I'm planning to actually draw and paint it. :)

Just something that I thought was neat.