FYI on Hello Kitty (relisted on Ebay)

petegrey

Remember the deck that sold Aug 1 for $157.50? Well, I had it in my watch list and it just got RE-listed at $1.00.

It doesn't say why it is being relisted.

And his ad says he is an E-bay employee & must adhere to "high standards".

Think thats for real?

RubyRuby

That really is a cute deck.

There are 3 listings for this deck on ebay at the moment. $195 and $550? Is this deck really worth it?

truelighth

RubyRuby said:
That really is a cute deck.

There are 3 listings for this deck on ebay at the moment. $195 and $550? Is this deck really worth it?

No, it is not worth it. The images are cute, but the paper is flimsy. Not worth that much money IMO

mysticmonkey

I think the seller had two of these decks. He/she gave good feedback for the past auction.

The images are cute, but the paper is flimsy. Not worth that much money IMO
It is a really cute looking deck but because of the flimsy production values that I've heard about I'm thinking of making my own deck from images of the cards for personal use if I can decide on the best way to print the images onto a useable card.

HudsonGray

It's not worth more than maybe $30 in my opinion, but you know how collectors go gaga over some things. Maybe a low cost one as a short term investment before the 'bubble' bursts and the price comes down?

MeeWah

The deck is printed on plain paper like copy paper & not on cardstock, so beware: it is unable to withstand regular handling nor shuffling.

To get around its fragility, I shuffle another deck & then lay out the Hello Tarot 'cards'.

petegrey

I just don't get it...

Its a cheap, black and white simple deck. From what I know, it was never even officially sanctioned (produced??) by the kitty company. What I don't understand is why doesn't someone just copy it on good cardstock and kick it out on Ebay for $20??? They'd probably sell a couple hundred at least.

Not only would that satisfy the people that want it, but would probably encourage the real company to put it out there & liscence it.

I do find this just an amazing situation...I'm just glad I'm not one of the people that want this deck for reading purposes. I'd be frustrated as all get out.

tantricknite

Kitty deck

The publisher and the artist who created the Kitty deck are suing each other over publication rites.It's in litigation.(this is why Tarot Garden pulled their pictures of the deck from their site)I suspect the publisher will win since they have more money to spend on attorny's then the little guy.What this means is that when the litigation is resolved the Kitty will be back in print and these high dollar figures were seeing will melt away......

mysticmonkey

tantricknite said:
The publisher and the artist who created the Kitty deck are suing each other over publication rites.It's in litigation.(this is why Tarot Garden pulled their pictures of the deck from their site)I suspect the publisher will win since they have more money to spend on attorny's then the little guy.What this means is that when the litigation is resolved the Kitty will be back in print and these high dollar figures were seeing will melt away......
I thought the artist was the one that produced the cards hense the flimsy card stock?
I thought that it was actually Sanrio who threatened legal action if production of the cards didn't stop.
I'd be interested in any website links to show otherwise though. :)

SongDeva

Joe Rosales did make the decks himself, for $15. The card stock was kind of like index cards. I was halfway through laminating mine when it disappeared.