Gay Tarot?

Knight of Wands

Yeah I am still in school, and i'm totally open about my sexuality, and most people are ok with it. It sounds weird and this may be beacuse I go to a Grammar school, but most people are ok with,a nd the ones that arnt just ignore me. but ia m friends with straight people.

My question was because of a guy i like, who knows i'm gay, and I think he is gay, but i get conflicted signals from him....

It was just for me, i waqsn't intending to tell anyone, or even him....just wantede to know if i think hes gay because I fancy him....if you get hwat i mean...wishful thinking

And honestly, he gets more problems because people assume hes gay than if he just said it...

I can understand peoples problems with such a spread...but it wasn't a malicious one

Knight of Wands

And i forgot to mention thsi a minute ago.....no littlebuddah I didnt think you were being patronising...I undertsand what your saying...

NightWing

Orientation Spread?

I just want to support what several have said here in various ways. Don't bother trying to use the cards to determine the orientation of another...and in this case, because of your personal interest, any such reading might well be conflicted and untrustworthy. It might be based more on your wishful thinking than anything else.

No, use the "coffee" approach, or the bookshop, or a movie perhaps. But in this instance, NOT tarot. It really would leave you no further ahead.

Best wishes.

Kiama

Hi Knight of Wands,

My answer to this thread is the same one I'd give if somebody were to raise the subject of doing readings to find out 'if Joe Bloggs fancies me'. I believe the Tarot CAN do it. I also don't believe it is UNETHICAL to use the Tarot to find out. But I do think it makes things BORING to find out through Tarot.

Me, I like the old-fashioned way: the flirting, the glances, the 'does he, doesn't he?', the nervousness as you ask them if they want to go for coffee, the awkward period when you don't know if you are 'together' or just friends who kiss, and even the point at which you find out 'Oh. They don't fancy me, for one reason or another' (maybe because they don't share your sexual orientation, or because they simply don't see you in that way). All of this is the FUN part! I tell you, now that I'm in a committed relationship, I sure as hell miss the above. (Wouldn't swap the relationship for it, but it's still nice.)

So, my opinion on this is not to let Tarot take the nervous fun out of the love game. :D ;) })

Blessings,

Kiama

Sophie

Kiama said:
So, my opinion on this is not to let Tarot take the nervous fun out of the love game. :D ;) })
I agree completely with all the above ;) - and I'll add that when I fancy someone my brain goes haywire so I can't read tarot about them anyway!

Little Baron

Whether it is unethical or not, I have, in the past read about such things in the privavcy of my own home; sometimes out of curiosity; sometimes for fun. If I do a daily draw and the 'Ace of Cups' turns up before I go out for the evening, I don't sweep it under the carpet, I remember it when that beautiful aqaintance walks towards me in the pub that evening. Do I think it is a hint that maybe they are interested? Yes, sometimes. Do I act on it? Yes, sometimes.

I loved your post Kiama .. I remember those feelings also ... whatever cards come up, making me feel positive about the 'newness' of a new relationship or encounter, they don't replace those feelings you describe. There have been times very (VERY) similar to that being described by the 'Knight of Wands' in this thread and the 'not knowing' being replaced with the 'now I know, haha' is something only appreciated when actually experienced. I hope that we all have had or have the chance to have those experiences.

LB

auggieparker

Gay here with a question

Hi, gay/bi female, new to the boards. It may seem like a silly question but I think I look at things maybe a little to literal. I had a spread done on myself. The King of Wands came up as the "man" I should be with. I am trying to make the King of Wands a masculine female. Does that sound about right? Just because the card may be male of female in form doesn't make it an actually male or female person, right? It could be their manor or personality? Thank you, I have been interested in the Tarot for years but just now really trying to really understand it. Auggie

Little Baron

It might be someone that is confident, secure and comfortable with their sexuality. I see wands as the most sexual of the suits. It might also be someone that is mature in age or behaviour - in the same way, a page might be an immature adult, as well as a child.. Being a king would not necessarily mean that they are male.

LB

Celcius

King of Wands,

I can empathize with your situation. First, I applaud you. that's very brave of you to be out at your age, It was something I never could do at 16.

If you are curious about his feelings toward you, maybe just take a look through the "Spreads" forum. There are countless Relationship spreads that can be adapted to your situation. Just because they may have designed for a heterosexual relationship, doesn't mean they can't be used in the same way for a gay one. I don't know that you would get a straight answer, is he gay yes/no, but you could sure get some insight as to how he feels about his relationship with you. On the other hand, as already stated before, it may just confuse an already confusing situation.

Irregardless of what the spread tells you, it is still up to you to decide whether to move forward, or to leave things as they are.

Best wishes

Cel