Gendron Tarot Deck...

Ramses

Hey folks...

how are you doing???

Well, I bought this deck a few time ago...wow, it?s beautiful...it can really inspire....
But, no instruction book came along with the deck, just a short booklet...and there is all that animal symbology on the cards and all...
Do you think I should really take that animal symbology into account when interpreting the cards?...Or should I ignore it?
Should I only stick to my previous knowledge on the meanings of the tarot cards?...well, and this question is goona lead us to another discussion...I?ll post it in a separate thread...

Well...please...give me your opinion, and this way you?re also helping all the people with all these different decks...
Thanks a lot...

LOVE,PEACE AND HARMONY TO YOU ALL !!!!!!!!!!!!!

jade

this is really something personal. do you want to take the animal symbology into account?

you can add astrology, nurmerology....and many other things to reading the cards of any deck. whether or not you want to make your deck.....deeper and more meaningful is entirely up to you.

for you, it may loose meaning adding the animals or increase the meaning.

you need to decide for yourself.

in light,
jade

Thirteen

I've this deck and I find it's very energetic and fun as decks go. Very upbeat. I don't recall for sure, but I seem to remember that the booklet isn't bad about explaining some of the symbolic aspects of the cards.

You don't have to know or make use of such symbols, certainly, but there's a few strange elements to these cards, some particular to this deck, and it's nice to know them as it clarifies the emphasis of this deck puts on each card (like I said, more upbeat than some decks). Like the High Priestess which is, as I recall, formed out of crystals. The reason being that this deck relates the HPS to the underworld/insight. The minerals/crystals of the underworld, the mystical insights of crystals. Very unique interpetation of that card.

Afterall, if you're going to ignore them completely, why bother getting a particular deck at all?

Ramses

Thanks a lot....you?ve helped me very much...

Yeah...I believe the same thing about the meaning of a card...as I?ve posted for another thread....

The meaning of a card depends on the image we create of it in our unconscious....and that depends only on us , and on what we consider to be worthwhile using to enrich our readings....

Thanks a lot ....

PEACE, LOVE AND HARMONY TO YOU !!!!!!!!!!!