Getting started on my deck

elviefae

I am so inspired by all the tarot deck creators here and I wanted to try to make a deck myself. I decided to make a personal deck. Finished the first card and renamed it from The Fool to Elf. I didn't put any features on my figure because to me this card is about endless possiblities and nothing set in stone including the self (elf). Also the Fool (elf) is the inner child to me. Instead of the traditional dog, I put a cat because I have 2 cats. I also added a bird. I raise/breed this type of parrot and the one shown in the card was actually named Elf. He was a special needs birds cause of a deformed beak but he embodied the spirit of the Fool and is perfect on my card. I also feel he is now a spirit helper so he fits.

Well anyways this is my card. Its kinda folksy. Its not as fancy as many I've seen here but I wanted to share.

0_Elf

Thanks!

elviefae

My next card is retitled. Instead of Magician, I have the Artist Shaman. The female Shaman has become Cat to sculpt a parrot out of a big chunk of wood. A bit of the trickster implied--cat and bird. I put some flames at the top of the card for the fire of creativity.

1_artist shaman

Chronata

Oh glorious cards, elviefae!

So colorful, so stylin'...so imaginative!
Love the cat and parrot ideas...and the renaming of the cards is brilliant...and the folkart style too!

Actually I love everything about them!

Please please show us more!

FraterGrant

Oh, I really like them! Very nice!

I love the elf, and i am also in love with how you changed the names. what better way to make a deck your own then to give them the names you choose. very cool.

keep up the excellent work.

elviefae

Chronata and TaranRavenfrost--you guys are so sweet. Thank you! Your encouragement means a lot.

If I am ever able to get a full deck done...well I just would love to see if my readings would be better when I'm using my own symbol system verses a store bought deck.

Thinking up the High Priestess...:)

RudyStairs

Great start!!!

Good luck with the rest of your deck.
Can't wait to see what you dream up for the High Priestess.

Dwaas

Hi Elviefae!

There they are! Wonderful!! Look at those colors! Please keep 'em coming.
Blessings

hdelaney

They look great!

I love the folk feeling of this deck! Fantastic!

elviefae

Thanks RudyStairs, Dwaas, and hdelaney! I'm still plugging along. I finished my High Priestess:

2_High Priestess

I'm not sure what to do yet with the Empress and Emperor..never really had a big response to those in decks. So I may skip ahead and come back to those later.

Wouldn't you know it..I got this one going but now I wish I made a fairy/elf deck. LOL, oh well.

Chronata

I love the High Priestess too...so sweet!

You are doing such an amazing job with these...I am finding that lately I am more drawn to decks like yours...unique colorful style that is folksy and warm, and has it's own unique titles and system.

You can always make a fairy/elf deck later...this one has such a great concept already!

I say you should just start drawing the Empress and Emperor...and see what happens...you may be surprised how well you relate to them after all, on a subconcious level...and anyway, you can always re-do cards you don't like!~

Looking forward to more creations!