goddess deck

neptune

I decided to get a "goddess-themed" deck. So I ordered Goddesses of the new light. It should take a week to arrive. Can't wait. How are the readings with this deck? Some people have this deck but its not quite popular as the Goddess Oracle. I may want to get that too. At the moment, i'm taking an interest with oracle decks-some i've seen on line like the Faeries Oracle and stuff. I think they're quite fascinating.

anjocoxo

goddess

I only have three decks (RW, goddess and thoth), but I truly love the goddess deck. I find the pictures wonderful, and I really feel connected to it.

However, I don't know if all the people like it, especially men, b/c it is a deck only with women....

Everybody has its own taste; IMO it's a beatiful deck, and to me it's easy to read with, cristal clear.

Anjo

Trogon

I've been considering the Goddess Tarot as my next Tarot deck, but I have a feeling this is not what you're talking about, Neptune. Is there a place on-line where I can see some card samples of the one you're speaking of?

By the way, I'm a guy (I think...) and I like the Goddess Tarot. It should be very good for readings for women or about feminine issues. It should also be very good at giving a different look at masculine issues or for men. That's my opinion anyway...

rostie

:) here's a good link trogon:

http://www.sevenrays.com/tarot/_descriptions/f-m/f-g/goddmatt.htm

and next...i have the goddess oracle from marashinky/hrana janto and really love it, it's always dead on...it was the second set of cards i owned :) next to this also the druid animal cards and the faeries oracle wich i all love...i love oracles ;) they have learned me so much the last year...but this one is on my wishing list, so i would love to hear responses to this one, and from you when it arrive!!!

Trogon

Thank you very much for the link, Rostie. I thought the discussion might have been about something different from the Goddess Tarot. The one I am thinking of getting is a 78 card Tarot deck by Kris Waldherr. Though I do have to admit that this Goddess of the New Light oracle deck is intriguing. Hmmm....

Rhiannon

Oh! I remember discussing this deck with someone else on here, but I don't remember who it was! :(

I think the New Light deck is really beautiful. One of these days I'll get around to acquiring it, I have a love for goddess decks. I have the Goddess Oracle by Janto and the Goddess Tarot by Waldherr. And I use both of them, and have great readings from them.

Some men, or people who don't like "feminist" type decks may find them unsettling. The balance of male and female is certainly off, but for those who love goddess art, they are wonderful. And the lack of male images doesn't really bother me. I find them to be more diplomatic in the way they communicate, more gentle... but still honest.

R :)

Pollux

OOOOHHH I love it.

I am generally Against oracles, mostly because I find many of them SO CRAPPY *LOL*
But one day I will become the father of a son... erh... no that is a song, I was saying, one day I will become the proud owner of the Goddess Oracle by Janto, this Goddesses of the New Light and The Faeries Oracle - don't have it yet, shame on me I know.

The deck Rhiannon and Rostie shamelessly go boasting around *LOL* is the one on top of my wishlist - I like the type of readings you do, and the type of associations made between goddesses and situations. Also, I prefer this one to the New Light as the artowkr is softer and with more variety. I love the card of Tara, and all the Hindu Goddesses in general. :)

New Light is darn cool, the artwork is different and enjoyable all the same, and I also like the fact they are mostly close-ups to the face of the goddesses. I have a thing, again for the Hindu goddesses, even though I must say I prefer the Janto ones. I aso like the inclusion of Magdalene, and I find Gea's card ROCKS!!!!!

Mh... not a valuable suggestion but here it is: IT IS CHRISTMAS MAKE YOURSELF A PRESENT AND GET THEM BOTH!!!! :D *LOL*

As for the Goddess Deck - a present by my concubin Rhiannon :* - I like it a lot, and I am using it far more than I thought I would. It reads VERY well, and I have NO Problem with it, the sweetness and cutesy are somewhat balanced, and it speaks honestly.
I don't think your original question was related to it, but if you want to you can read the following *LOL*. http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6964