Golden Tarot

Miss Divine

I just ordered the Golden Tarot by Kat Black.
I hope I will love it as much as the scans.
What kind of cardstock do they have? And what size are they?

So excited!

HearthCricket

The Golden Tarot is gorgeous and unlike any deck I have ever seen. They are in a cute box where the cover lifts off from the top. The edges are gilded in gold! The cardstock is a bit stiff and heavier than any other USG deck I know of. Probably hard for those who riffle shuffle, but as I don't, it has never been a problem for me. They are drop dead gorgeous. They are just a big wider and taller than the average USG deck.

You found yourself a treasure. Enjoy!!

sapienza

Hi Miss Divine,

I have the Golden deck too although I don't use now. The card stock is very stiff and it has the gold edging which is really nice. I found it hard to shuffle because it was so stiff. But it is infinately better stock that the shiny laminated decks that are around. The Golden is a beautiful deck and I really hope you enjoy working with it when it arrives.

Sapienza

Grigori

Its a beautiful deck to handle, you'll be very happy with it I think. The cards are about 4 1/2 x 3 inches (12.5 x 7.5cm) and quite a bit stiffer than other decks. I found I had to slide them sidways a bit at first to break then apart as the gilded edges stick together. But after the first week or so they have handled great.

tarot4fun

Hi Miss Divine~
I have had my Golden Tarot deck for several months now~ LOVE it! :love:
It's one of my favorite decks~
Hope you enjoy it too~ :)

Blessings~
Suz :heart:

Miss Divine

After reading your posts I'm even happier that I ordered them.
I was looking for a deck with timeless beauty, something I will not get bored of. And when I saw the scans I fell in love with them immediately.
Ordered from Tarot Garden, hopefully I won't have to wait all that long.:)

6 Haunted Days

From TG, you will get them quick as lightening.

I adore the Golden, it's top-notch quality all the way around. I remember the moment I opened up the box (gorgeous box too, reminds me of an old jewelry chest!)....I was in awe at the gilt edging...the shine! Then the tactile feel of the cards, thick, smooth and very luxurious. A bit stiff but with lots of handling mine broke like a glove. They feel and look to me like heirlooms one might have found in a turret attic :)

Now the images, sublime, exquisite, evocative and just plain drop dead stunning. It's a feast for your eyes. They have a subdued colour quality in a lot them, soft and gentle...like perhaps it really is a centuries old heirloom and the centuries of candle soot have darkened them. Others images are brighter, cleaner. The collage is seamless, these images look like each is it's own masterpiece, a complete painting.

I am sure you will love this deck, you will be holding 78 seperate pieces of fine art :)

Let us know how you get on with them, and what you think.

Miss 6

Miss Divine

Yes, I will let you know as soon as I get them!

Queen of Disks

A good choice! I like the cardstock (it's nice and thick) but the upper left corner on my cards is smudged a little from sticking together because of the gold leaf. (But it does not bother me.)

It's odd because I saw this online, really liked it, trudged through snow to get to the bus, got to Borders (I had seen it there before), got it, and took it home. I used it a few times. And then didn't. This deck sat on my bookshelf for a while, while I used other decks. (Sometimes this happens to me. I don't know why.) But very recently I pulled it out (I swear that the King of Coins on the back of the box was glaring at me!) and started using it again. And it works! I think I appreciate it more now...

The Golden Study Group just got started up again, if you are interested.

The crowned one

A beautiful deck, I can relate to almost every card. That is unusual for me. I do not work with it so much as admire it. I do plan to work with it...one day. Great quality too.