Grandmaster Flash?

Rob

Shade said:
i know people are leery of titles but all the Tarot Grandmasters I know of are people I consider to be knowledgeable and influential within the tarot universe.

Well, consider the reverse problem though...since there ARE people being called Tarot Grandmasters, does that mean if someone DOESN'T have a title like that, you can't trust their works to be authoritative? I can think of people who know a great deal about Tarot but don't have a fancy title like Grandmaster to "prove" it...and I can definitely see how that would be misleading.

Now that I'm thinking about it, the whole concept of certifications/titles with tarot is very misleading, especially since there's no universal agreement on what constitutes "correct" in tarot.

Raya

Strategeus said:
Now that I'm thinking about it, the whole concept of certifications/titles with tarot is very misleading, especially since there's no universal agreement on what constitutes "correct" in tarot.

Good point. I've never met two readers with the exact same practices, ideas, beliefs, or deck preferences. And the differences get quite extreme, as we all know.

Vadella

You can achieve it on your own, you don't need someone else to give you a title. It's a waste of money in my opinion. I'll pass. It's not like I would carry the piece of paper around and hang it up over my head for all to see. No one would honestly care. Agreeing with others, readings speak for themselves. Let the clients give you your title, if they so should wish.

xx
Vad

vee

I don't mean this as offense to anyone who may be doing the certification program, but it seems rather silly to me. I don't have an extra $200 dollars, but if I did I think I could find better ways to further my Tarot education than paying for a title.

Grizabella

There are some people who may have this and other grand titles who are very experienced with Tarot and who have a lot of other formal education who I respect highly. I don't want to take anything away from them by any means. But what I don't respect are the internet (and elsewhere) people who are selling courses to the unsuspecting public and then giving out fancy titles as a result.

If you really want the education you need to be an actual "Grandmaster" of Tarot, then put in years and years and years reading for the public and researching related topics. Once you've become a true "Grandmaster" you won't need any certificate to tout your knowledge, experience and skill because you'll be so well known and so well respected that just hearing your name will speak for itself.

No Tarot course can really make you a "Grandmaster". Only many, many years of applying yourself to reading for others and studying the cards on your own can.