Green Icky Deck?

Little Baron

*I posted this in another thread but since the original question there had been answered I thought I would ask my question in a new one. Hope thats okay*

I think I have the Icky Green One!
I think I have the Icky Green tinged one but I am not sure. Can someone tell me. Whatever deck I have, I don't mind the colouring. I have seen some on the net that look brighter and some that look greener so I can't tell which one it is that I have. I wasn't aware of the differences when I bought it.

Ok ...

The box is blue.
There is only one magus.
The bottom of the box says 'AGM AGMULLER, Made in Belgium.
The frames are grey.
Is this the famous Icky Green one????

Yaboot

Report this post to

Mimers

You don't have the icky green one :D Yeah!!! This is probably why you don't mind the color!

The icky green one is published by US Games.

Mimi

Scorpion

Am I right in thinking that the Icky Green One is only available in the larger version?

As I understood it, there used to be 3 alternative Magii in both decks, but I found both my AG Muller deck and my Icky Green One only came with one. Not fair!

Anyway - I like my Icky Green One: I can see more detail in it and I really don't notice the difference as I never got down to studying the AG Muller deck in the first place. As I bought it as a purely study deck, the size doesn't bother me.

To be honest, Yaboot, just about all the versions I've seen online, on the deck boxes and book covers have appeared more "alive" than the deck actually is - that's really the only thing that disappoints me about this deck. If anyone knows of a truly vibrant version, lead me to it!

Emily

The yucky green one is the large one in the white box, you can't actually tell on the online scans just how green it is but once you get it in your hands - yikes the sickly green just stares up at you, even when there is supposed to be colour in the cards the green just seems to wash it all out.
I also have the smaller version Thoth in the lavender box, 3 Magus, and the even smaller version from 'The Complete Tarot Kit' and the colours of those decks are vibrant and very strong. :)

Little Baron

I like the colourings that I have but they still have a certain muted quality to them and I would also be happier with a more 'vibrant' colouring.

Since I know so little about the deck and how I am going to get on with it, I think I will hold out before Ibuy another copy.

I wonder if some of the scans on the web have been enhanced by computers before they are posted up. It doesn't take much to make them brighter or notch up the contrast to make the images more vivid.

Yaboot

Emily

Hi Yaboot,

I was going to add an edit to my post up there, I have to agree with LouiQ, some of the scans I've seen of the Thoth online have been very colourful, and the deck although vibrant, in regard to the green version, is not as colourful as the scans would have you believe, which is a shame because the deck is very pretty to look at and not wishywashy to start with :)

Scorpion

Emily said:
The yucky green one is the large one in the white box....
Hmmm - my box is actually green tinted: how many of these decks are there?!!! I have seen references in this forum to the "white" deck being more primitive artwise.

Sounds like you've got the same "purple" version as the one I had, Yaboot - much less colourful than one is led to believe. I mean, the colours may well have been muted in the original, but it's not how they're represented generally.

Emily

Hi LouiQ,

I'm not actually sure how old my deck is, it was my first and last second hand deck, I've never been able to read with it - I just don't like the green tinge, I posted on it before I knew all about the 'strange vibes' the green tinged one gives off because I do react when I try to use this deck, I can't even shuffle it without feeling sick. So it does sit with my other decks and is just part of the collection. The ISBN is 087728 4520 0.
Its a shame I know its only cardboard and shouldn't give off so much negativity but I also don't know what uses the previous owner had for it, wish I knew him I''d give it him back lol :)

Little Baron

Now that I am sitting here in front of them, they do seem quite vibrant. I am not sure what I am comparing them to anymore LOL. I think that I am comparing them to other decks generally that are quite vivid. Even when I look at the scans on the internet, it is confusing to tell the difference when they are not there in your hand.

The more that I look at them as I type, they are getting brighter ... and brighter.

Thanks

Yaboot

Scorpion

Hi, Emily,

Sorry to hear you don't like your deck. If you can see anything left on my current trading list (http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16675 - apart from the Phoenix, which I might just keep after a superb past life reading from Chronata) that you'd like I'd be happy to swap with you - I promise none of them have been used for nefarious purposes - LOL! In fact most of them have hardly been touched.

Glad to see they're falling into place for you, Yaboot!