Green with envy

moon_shadow

My co-worker was right by baba-studio the other day! :D

Well, he took a 10 day vacation to Europe. From what I knew, he was going to go to Germany and Italy. Before he went, I almost asked him if he could buy a couple of decks while there.. but I didn't, because I didn't want to trouble him.

Anyway, he came back, and I found out he was in Czech Republic. My immediate thought.. "baba-studio!"
"Where in Czech were you?"
"Praha.."
(that sounds darn familiar.... I am thinking)
I go home and check.. Bingo! That's where the store's located.(duh me.. I should remember that!) So the next day, I went to work and asked him
"Have you seen a store called baba-studio"
"Oh yeah, I saw that. I think it was right by the hotel we were staying"

I thought that was so cool he was RIGHT THERE! :D (And I wish I had been him!!)

Dwaas

To make things even worse...
I hope to go there too this summer. :D

moon_shadow

Oh NOOOOO!!!

:D :D :D

I hope you have a wonderful time out there also :)

(*wispers* pssst, hey Dwaas, got some space in your luggage for me to fit in? :p)

Splungeman

moon_shadow said:
My co-worker was right by baba-studio the other day! :D

Well, he took a 10 day vacation to Europe. From what I knew, he was going to go to Germany and Italy. Before he went, I almost asked him if he could buy a couple of decks while there.. but I didn't, because I didn't want to trouble him.

Anyway, he came back, and I found out he was in Czech Republic. My immediate thought.. "baba-studio!"
"Where in Czech were you?"
"Praha.."
(that sounds darn familiar.... I am thinking)
I go home and check.. Bingo! That's where the store's located.(duh me.. I should remember that!) So the next day, I went to work and asked him
"Have you seen a store called baba-studio"
"Oh yeah, I saw that. I think it was right by the hotel we were staying"

I thought that was so cool he was RIGHT THERE! :D (And I wish I had been him!!)

Babahoobeyewhatty? What's baba-studio? Enlighten the ignorant Texan please... :)

Sulis

Splungeman said:
Babahoobeyewhatty? What's baba-studio? Enlighten the ignorant Texan please... :)

Baba Studio is where the Magic Realist Press decks come from along with everything else they make and sell.
Decks such as the Tarot of Prague, Baroque Bohemian Cats, Victorian Romantic, Bohemian Gothic: http://www.magic-realist.com/

It's in Prague in the Czech Republic.

moon_shadow

I am sorry, Splungeman, for my lack of explanation there, and thank you Sulis.
I own Victorian Romantic and Fantastic Menagerie. So finding out my co-worker seeing the store.. well, that got me real excited, as I would never be able to. :) Might sound a little silly...

WolfSpirit

Hey moon_shadow, maybe you will have the chance to go there one day !
Prague is not a very expensive town to stay - if you don't buy too many goodies at the baba studio, that is :D

moon_shadow

WolfSpirit said:
Hey moon_shadow, maybe you will have the chance to go there one day !
Hey, WolfSpirit, yeah you are right, maybe one day. I shouldn't say "NEVER", cause we just never know :)
- if you don't buy too many goodies at the baba studio, that is
AWww I see... That's going to be a real toughie. *sighs* I guess in that case, I'd have to limit to buying ONLY ONE (.............of everything.. *whispers real quiet*.. ohhhh wouldn't that be a dream come true! :D)

Whitney

LOL, I would be so upset if I were you! But that was nice you didn't want to bother him about buying decks for you. I agree with you, the baba studio would be amazing to see.