Greenwood

Cat*

I was hoping you'd drop into one of the Greenwood threads sometime soon, Mi-Shell. :)

There are a few of us doing an IDS (Intensive Deck Study) with the Greenwood right now, so maybe we can draw others to post here, too. I'd love to have more people around to talk about all things Greenwood.

Many posts with wonderful thoughts, experiences, and links are over in the IDS threads (the current and the previous one). We've found many of the 'models' for the card images in actual cave paintings, prehistoric sculptures, and stuff like that. I hope to make the time this week to collect all the posts and link them here (or in an appropriate thread in the study group), so the information is accessible to more people and doesn't get lost in the general IDS talk.

I'm not too sure I'm much of a study group person in terms of posting my takes on specific cards, but maybe I can think of other ways to contribute.

AJ said:
Mi-Shell, could you link to your study thread?
Here's the Greenwood study group index. Mi-Shell has posted in the thread for the Eight of Stones.

Maybe we can ask Sulis to turn this thread into the "general discussion" thread of the Greenwood study group? I could PM her if no one objects to use this thread for that. I think it's very suitable since it's all about actually using the deck - for whatever we might use it (reading, meditation, pathworking, etc.).

AJ said:
Mine is in the mail as we speak, I got chills looking at the 2 and 7 linked to above...
I also particularly like the Greenwood minors, and those two are especially powerful. Well, those and many others. ;)

Mi-Shell

Cat* said:
I was hoping you'd drop into one of the Greenwood threads sometime soon, Mi-Shell. :)

There are a few of us doing an IDS (Intensive Deck Study) with the Greenwood right now, so maybe we can draw others to post here, too. I'd love to have more people around to talk about all things Greenwood.

Many posts with wonderful thoughts, experiences, and links are over in the IDS threads (the current and the previous one). We've found many of the 'models' for the card images in actual cave paintings, prehistoric sculptures, and stuff like that. I hope to make the time this week to collect all the posts and link them here (or in an appropriate thread in the study group), so the information is accessible to more people and doesn't get lost in the general IDS talk.

;)

Cat, that would be wonderful!
Being on dial up I can not diggggg myself through these huge threads. :(
Also this way dublication would be avoided.
I am currently working on writing and discribing, what I would like to call the
" Greenwood Wheel of Trance...."

Bat Chicken

Sounds interesting...
I would love to spend more time with this deck - there is just something about it!

Lewen

One of my New Year's commitments for me is that I will be delving into the Greenwood more deeply and work consistently with that deck. I am finally putting the Robin Wood away (after five years) and want to focus on the Greenwood for a variety of reasons. I'll have to check this out (the study thread and the IDS).

:)

PathWalker

Le Fanu said:
POLITELY . Ive been remembering my visits to some of these sites depicted in the Greenwood. .... I don´t know whether now it is like Stonehenge, restricted view. But when I was a kid you could walk all over these things, get up close, touch them, go inside the Long Barrow tombs. I remember doing this as a child and it has always stayed with me, visiting Silbury Hill for example. Ive just read that Avebury Stone Cirle is now closed, but 30 years ago you could (and we did) go inside it!...

Just to say the both Uffington and Avebury are still 'open sites'. You are asked not to stand directly on the chalk of the horse, or to climb the stones at Avebury, but you can still go.

I do think you can't climb Silbury at the moment - because of erosion, nor walk certain bits of the paths round Avebury Henge for the same reason, but you can walk between all the stones (it's a big site) and there is a wonderful feeling there.

Pathwalker - always wandering about somewhere :)

AJ

My Greenwood kit is here, she whispered....

lark

That's so exciting AJ..lark whispers back.

Promise

Muahahaha!

And another one bites the dust!

Welcome to the dark side, AJ!

Mi-Shell

Yes, indeed, AJ!
Let us know your thoughts!

I - for my part always said, that ifffffff I had a Greenwood deck, I would enter the IDS (Intensive Deck Study circle with it.
So that is, where I am headed!
:)
Anyone from here joining me?