Greg Hoose, creator of the Fae and Longmoment Tarots

Alta

The only url that I have for Longmoment and Fae Tarot artist Greg Hoose (Greygoose) doesn't work. Does anyone know the story? Is he still active, just not doing any more tarot? Curiosity, I was reading something else this morning, followed it up and hit a dead end. I have the Longmoment though not the Fae tarot.

Ideas? Info?

Alta

gregory

Um - I have the Fae but not the Long Moment....

I am told he is on facebook; he was also heard of as a writer in residence at East Carolina University, if that helps at all.

I do have an email but no idea if it still works....

But here you go: (webpage shown is dead but still)

www.greygoosearts.com, 24 April 2003 [cached]
Biography for Greg Hoose
Greg comes from a magical and artistic family.Scotch-Irish, German, Swedish, French. Mother and Father had considerable talents from both the artist and scientific vein. One Grandmother carried a fae tradition in her family from the Isle of Mann. Greg studied as a magician with his Father in early childhood.
In the late sixties Greg studied art and conciousness, ending up with an MA in art and a meditation technique that has served him well for three decades. Surfing became the only sport that Greg enjoyed besides sailing; mainly oceanic.
As for the arts; ceramics, metal sculpture, photography, watercolor, oil and acrylic diciplines occupied part of Greg's life; until computers came of age in the 80's.
Greg spent many years with his nose in a computer screen dragging his family with him in his enthusiam. Luckily his family has forgiven him and adapted to the computer world with great facility.
Self trained in photoshop and a number of art related programs, Greg began a career as a designer for gift companies. Greg and his family still design now and again, but video, music and communication tend to occupy much of his time.
Today Greg is managing Digital Visions, a store that teaches and provides many computer related services to his community.
Greg and Caroline design for gift companies, Jonathan is a videography and lighting expert and Astrid has a depth of knowledge of digital cameras. All our "film" is developed digitally now and we have completely forsaken all else.
At present Caroline is developing musically and studying design techniques with her father.Greg is getting serious about teaching design and photoshop/illustrator outside the family.Jonathan is terminating his initial venture into videography and beginning to develope video shorts and promotions for Caroline's music. Astrid is starting to show regularly in our area in Iowa and contributing photos to various enterprises locally.
Greg is originally from North Carolina with ties to Illinois. He graduated MA in Art from East Carolina University in the 70's. He participated in the Hip movement, was involved in the TM movement and now enjoys a more independent lifestyle. He has been involved with computers since the early 80's and has been designing professionally in the print related industry for over 10 years.

*is DOGGED googler* Anything of any interest there ? (I also found some stuff on a sailing website...)

Alta

Well, that is way more than I could find! I did know that both decks were done on a computer.

gregory

I just found his home address.... :bugeyed:

But also some posters they were doing as recently as 2008. And info on parts he bought last year for his sailing boat.

He seems to have a son with coeliac disease....

google can also be scary.

OH - here's a good one: from March 2009.... which relates to the sail boat!

"As I am about to be unemployed, I'm a little more interested in how or if it can be done with virtually nothing in the kitty..."

I am building a 22 ft trimaran. I've been laid off for years. We went to Oahu this winter. I looked about the marina in Waikiki and got the bug again. Anyway I am collecting what I need and will start building next month. I figure it might take me a year; hopefully sooner. I plan to go down the Mississippi (yes I am in Iowa) and down to the Keys my first voyage. One can also go up the Miss and out the SLS to NewFoundland; so that will be my second voyage perhaps. Anyway dream on.

I figure the boat will end up costing me about 30,000. I've scrimped and saved and got lucky and have enough money to do this. We will see. Being a surfer helps. I grew up on the ocean and really miss it. My wife is wondering I suppose. My son is highly interested, my daughter is not.

Great thing about the trimaran is it has a clearance of 12 inches with the skeg up, and it is trailerable as it folds. I have been looking at several designs and the Farrier22 seems hot. Only displaces 1500.

Being a graphic artist helps as work comes and goes and I can go most of it virtually. We will see how that works on a sailboat.!! Must have good internet connection; must have energy. Plan on wind and flexible solar panels. Read in this site about using driftwood for firewood. What a great idea!

I am used to living on minimal. So this will be interesting.

I wish you well taking off. I think a lot of Americans are thinking the same way. I have a feeling it is going to be very very difficult in the continent soon. Best to find an island and relax. Get away from this uptight trip. Or at least have that option. Get yourself back to reality. I don't know much that isn't real about the sea, the sun and the wind! And fishing; that's a dream.

"If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything."

photokat

Both decks are exquisite - too bad they're so hard to find (and if they do show up on Ebay, they go for a lot of cash ....)

gregory

I would love to get my hands on the Longmoment... Alta - if you decide to sell, you have my phone number, never mind the email. :D

I can only guess why you have never shown it to me }) (don't blame you !!!)