Guidance or divination - or both?

Morwenna

Both.

Divination _is_ guidance: here's what's coming so you have a chance of heading it off/working with it/whatever you need to do. Several of you have echoed my thoughts already. Perhaps some people wouldn't consider what I described as guidance; but guidance isn't always actual advice. I would never presume to tell a querent what to do, but only point out the trends that show up and remind them that forewarned is forearmed and that they have the power to change the outcomes now that they have more information on the situation. Sometimes the situation may be a psychological one. So these things are not cut and dried! :)

Grizabella

Yeah, what Fudugazi and Morwenna said. :)

I don't think you can give a Tarot reading without it providing some sort of guidance for the sitter. I also doubt you can give a reading that doesn't include at least some element of divination.

Gazel

Yes, after reading the last answers in this thread, I'm now convinced that I somehow put up a false dichotomy between guidance and divination, and than what I must do is to find my own reading style - my own blend of flavours, so to speak.

Gazel

Sar

Divination are fine.
Why is wrong with good old fashion fortune telling?

Grizabella

I don't really think anything is wrong with fortune telling myself, but some people choose not to see themselves as fortune tellers. To each his own, though. We all seem to co-exist here on AT pretty well, no matter what our preferences are. :)

Ravenswing

Marina said:
Both - and many more. ;)

You are free to use it in anyway you like, but it doesn't make the paths that you didn't choose invalid or anything. I believe that everyone should try all the ways, before choosing one...or deciding, like me, that they enjoy all of them. Including the poker one :laugh:

I've played plain old solitaire with some of my decks. Unillustrated pips work best for me. Trumps are wild and get pulled in order in their own pile. You can consider it a dynamic seven-card spread (six-card...five card...)

fly well
ravenswing

WishingWell

I think the tarot definitely provides both, predictions and guidance. I can not look at the future outcome, as portrayed by a card, without seeing some sort of advice tied into it.