hand stenciled Flornoy Dodal

Herzog

Majors only deck. But was wondering who has this and how it compares in quality with mass edition... what exactly does hand stenciled mean? How are they different visually in terms of color etc? Thanks

Le Fanu

Are they still available? I went into Flornoy's site the other day and they semed to be out of stock, no? Or was I looking in the wrong place?

Herzog

Says the hand "colored" decks are out of stock... but it looks like hand "stenciled" is available...

Unless these are the same and Im reading it wrong. But appears to be two different categories...

gregory

I have no 228 of those. LOVELY it is. What EXACTLY did you want to know ? I THINK it is hand stencilled - it is certainly hand coloured.... I didn't know there was a difference ?

ETA I am with LeFanu - I don't think it is available any more.

Herzog

gregory said:
What EXACTLY did you want to know ?

just overall differences from the mass produced decks... paper stock, color quality, tactile feel... that type of thing

gregory

HerzogIsGod said:
just overall differences from the mass produced decks... paper stock, color quality, tactile feel... that type of thing
You mean from their own less limited editions ? (I can't call anything they do mass produced.)

After dinner, OK - I have someone to feed before he goes out !

gregory

OK - I have mine before me now. I think it MUST be the hand stencilled one, but you could ask Roxanne; she always responds. It's 228 of a limited edition of 650. The card stock is creamier than the 78 card decks they put out, and totally unlamented. Heavier too. The colours are - subtler, in a strange way - maybe a combo of the creamy paper and the lack of laminate. They feel soft and - used - in a GOOD way. Not a HINT of stickiness of any kind; they flow through the hands.

I'd say - hard luck; see if you can find one in trades ! It is a work of art, rather than a very nice deck - if that makes sense.

Herzog

Thanks. exactly the info I was looking for :)

alec

Herzog,

Looks as if it is still available on the website. If you have interest, you should get it. You won't be disappointed. The Noblet hand-colored set is a real treasure.

Alec

la-luna

The Noblet hand stenciled are sold out but the Jean Dodal are still availlable at his site.
(but if i remember it correctly reserves of it must be very low...)