Hanged Man cleared by the World

MariannM

Hello everyone,
I'm new here (as contributor, but I am reading you since... well a long time). I will save this part for introductory post.

So today I pulled a card for a quite random... "situationship" that I am in and until now it was always clear to me what the cards were saying about it.

Today's card (what I need to know for tomorrow when I meet him):

The Hanged Man.

I was rather surprised because this is not at all the direction in which it is going. So I asked for a clarification.

The World.

And honestly, if I was surprised, now I am completely confused what to think of it.

If not to stop asking, being "hanged" and thinking it over, planning based on what cards tell me etc etc... just enjoy the worldly side of it which is the main one anyway.

Note: the possibility of Hanged Man as a baby coming to the World crossed my mind but it can be excluded.

Any other ideas? Thank you so much in advance!
PS. I am using Shadowscapes.

Ruby Jewel

Hello everyone,
I'm new here (as contributor, but I am reading you since... well a long time). I will save this part for introductory post.

So today I pulled a card for a quite random... "situationship" that I am in and until now it was always clear to me what the cards were saying about it.

The Hanged Man.

I was rather surprised because this is not at all the direction in which it is going. So I asked for a clarification.

The World.

And honestly, if I was surprised, now I am completely confused what to think of it.

If not to stop asking, being "hanged" and thinking it over, planning based on what cards tell me etc etc... just enjoy the worldly side of it which is the main one anyway.

Note: the possibility of Hanged Man as a baby coming to the World crossed my mind but it can be excluded.

Any other ideas? Thank you so much in advance!
PS. I am using Shadowscapes.

I think the Hanged Man is saying you will need to acquire a whole new way of seeing as you are embarking on a major transformation with this experience.

MariannM

I think the Hanged Man is saying you will need to acquire a whole new way of seeing as you are embarking on a major transformation with this experience.

This is interesting, thank you... I am just looking at this card closely and I started to wonder if it may represent more the other person than me... being "hanged" as being, well, tangled into complicated bonds. On this card in my deck there's definitely a man, bonded with ivy to the tree with spirits living in it (yeah it's quite crowded card for a Hanged Man) and he is kissing an elve who happens to be there "just in passing". This would pretty much sum up the situation, but what is the World then?

Ruby Jewel

This is interesting, thank you... I am just looking at this card closely and I started to wonder if it may represent more the other person than me... being "hanged" as being, well, tangled into complicated bonds. On this card in my deck there's definitely a man, bonded with ivy to the tree with spirits living in it (yeah it's quite crowded card for a Hanged Man) and he is kissing an elve who happens to be there "just in passing". This would pretty much sum up the situation, but what is the World then?

The World is the ending of an old cycle and the beginning of a new cycle. The Dancer in the World card is the Fool at the end of his journey and also beginning a new Journey....the wreath is a big zero...

IndigoWaves

The Hanged Man.

The World.

What you need to know (and may find out or start to suspect tomorrow) might be that he's not as willing to be actively involved with you as you'd like -- holding back from taking steps needed to really progress, for whatever reason(s)... Maybe because he's hung up on someone else, even an unreachable fantasy lover... Or feeling like his hands are insurmountably tied by circumstances (like distance, for example, or either of you being involved with someone else now). Another Hanged Man possibility is the desire to just keep dreaming and never actually "do"... If any of these apply, then the World would suggest that this connection/"situationship" has gone as far as it can and is already as good as it will get.

MariannM

The World is the ending of an old cycle and the beginning of a new cycle. The Dancer in the World card is the Fool at the end of his journey and also beginning a new Journey....the wreath is a big zero...

So that would mean the change, ending and beginning, for him. Which would be a good thing but this is none of my business - except if I can help him reach this.

MariannM

What you need to know (and may find out or start to suspect tomorrow) might be that he's not as willing to be actively involved with you as you'd like -- holding back from taking steps needed to really progress, for whatever reason(s)... Maybe because he's hung up on someone else, even an unreachable fantasy lover... Or feeling like his hands are insurmountably tied by circumstances (like distance, for example, or either of you being involved with someone else now). Another Hanged Man possibility is the desire to just keep dreaming and never actually "do"... If any of these apply, then the World would suggest that this connection/"situationship" has gone as far as it can and is already as good as it will get.

Here it's actually me me who's "not as involved" as is typical for me, because I treat this as a clinical case of something that I needed to learn but not something I would be really commited to. And so I am over analysing to understand and take the most of it. This would fall into "not taking steps" because I don't actually want to take steps towards anything close to serious relationship, but I feel we met like this for a reason, like I "knew" the person before, maybe making up for the past lives we met... and I am quite focused on figuring it out.

But either way this interpretation of the World makes most sense, thank you for that. Being it something which by default won't stay, it should remain a bit detached as long as we both enjoy it.

Ruby Jewel

So that would mean the change, ending and beginning, for him. Which would be a good thing but this is none of my business - except if I can help him reach this.

Without knowing the question or the context, it is only possible to give the most common or basic meanings. Hopefully, you can apply them to your situation in the appropriate way.