hanged man

star-lover

whats positive about this card
used to get it alot about 6 months ago re relationship readings, then it disappeared, now its reappearing again arrrrrrrrrrgggggggggg in positions like outcome, best thing to do, advice etc

is the message *let it be*?
because getting it again all of a sudden makes me think i have not learnt the lesson from 6 months ago, thats the way it feels anyhow and also maybe saying when it's time for you to change/have a breakthrough you will but its not yet!

crops up with empress and ace of cups which makes me think the best is yet to come and be patient but i've run out of patience basically so maybe them cards are telling me to give up and find someone new?

tia
x

Sulis

It could be saying let it be, it could also be saying that you need to accept that you're going to have to let go of the need to be in control of something.
It could also be saying that you have to accept that you're going to have to make a sacrifice or some sacrifices. Or then again, it could be advising you to flip the whole situation on it's head and look at it from a different perspective.

Elven

Hi star-lover :)

I agree with Sulis here :) It could have to do with the way you are percieving the situation and is 'tied' to your 'Perspective'. It may be asking you to take a look at it from the other side - or the other persons viewpoint - or taking a view from another angle about the situation, even putting your point of view 'across' differently :) Until you gain clarity - release from the situation may be suspended or stagnate, this leaves everything hanging in the balance, reliant upon you. Untangle your thoughts, to release your self from the situation ...

Just some thought to add to the rest :)

Blessings
Elven x

BrightEye

star-lover,

guess what - i've been getting the hanged man recently. since we are, as you said, like mirror images - getting the same cards and probably asking the same questions, i'll try my reading.

the hanged man is often seen as odin hanging from the world tree, reading the runes at the roots of the tree. i guess you haven't been able to decipher the runes properly yet, so you can't get down from the tree, pick them up and go to tell others about what you saw. talking from my experience, i don't yet know what i want 100%, so i don't really know what to say or do in a particular situation. my cards also tell me, hang in there, things will become clear in good time and you'll know what to do and say.

another thing about this card: i used my new orleans voodoo tarot today, and i drew the hanged man there too. in this deck he is called zombie. a zombie is a slave, someone not in charge of his/her own life. s/he can't make any moves on their own/ act on their own desires because they are tied to another person (you know what i mean).

so i think the hanged man in your spread doesn't so much mean let it be or don't do anything, but rather you can't do anything until your situation/life changes.

does this make sense?

Knight of Wands

I think it suggests to look at things from another perspective, walk a mile in someone else's shoes. Don't be so focused on what you want and feel, try and feel the others needs and feelings.

I think it also suggests taking an active role in changing the way you think and live. You have the power to change and be happier, but this requires sacrifices. You have sometimes have to give up things.

I know not everyone agree's but sometimes the Hanged Man can literally be a traitor, and going behind someone's back and breaking their trust....

Adjustment

Knight of Wands said:
I know not everyone agree's but sometimes the Hanged Man can literally be a traitor, and going behind someone's back and breaking their trust....

A traitor, this is very scarry, i have the hanged man and the 7 of swords showing up in my readings about a particular person.

Crowqueen

I read him as being in limbo or "suspense", as in a "whodunit" kind of frame of mind. Not good, not bad, just still waiting for the answers or - as the saying goes - on tenterhooks. Which is an appropriate image, as tenterhooks are the hooks used to hang fish on while smoking them.

star-lover

thanks for all your insights
they are as always spot on
elven perfect post
bright eye - i know - i dont know where i'm at what i want either - its like my life is on hold all the time and i KNOW i'm the only person who can change that but before i decide what i want/value its gonna stay the same

anyway
re specifics

what happened yesterday was i had another argument with my online mate about money that they owe me for going on 18 months now - i was so adamant about being left *hanging* lol - how apt - in limbo - and not knowing what the score was as he had stopped paying me back 2 months ago and said nothing about it either - just stopped and carried on happy as larry as if things were ok - so i flipped yesterday - the argument basically went - he said i told you i was struggling - i said you said that once in general conversation but BEFORE you promised to pay in weekly and started to then stopped - so i had to look at things from his perspective and calm down today - re the betrayal/trust KOW - i guess that's how i felt - that i can't trust him about it after 2 years of friendship it just doesn't sit right with me - the sacrifice if any i guess is me in the end deciding to leave it and told him he can pay me back only when and if he has money to spare and to not fall out about money - i tried to be the bigger person despite being upset - hope its worked - have offered olive branch and awaiting his response - then again could also mean that i have talked about this behind his back to you lot on here and some other friends - so i'm guilty in that respect but still i was trying to get otheres perspectives on the situation and try and free myself from own doubts and worries whether i was right or wrong to be angry and upset - but yes your post was spot on - i do feel like a traitor - where once we were 100% honest with each other i've spoken to others about him and i do feel like one - catch 22 - look after yourself/be 100% faithful to another?

so i've let it go - and he made me feel guilty about bringing it up
and not understanding his situation - so yes im confused and this has been going on a long time so i do need to think about it differently for my own piece of mind

i hope that's what the card was about
i know theres more deep stuff here and its not about debts per se

what this has taught me is definitely to be less selfish even when youre in the right and think/give to another as you would to yourself i guess

oh lord - another lesson i guess have to understand!!but how far do you go and be self-effacing and not sticking up for your rights - surely thats important as much - you/others should be EQUAL and balanced in dealings surely

thanks again all xx

Little Baron

Knight of Wands said:
walk a mile in someone else's shoes

That's perfectly put. I will remember that. Thankyou.

LB

Sian100

Great new insights! :thumbsup: I find the Hanged Man a bit perplexing myself sometimes. Probably because I don't want to accept what he is telling me! ;)