Harry Potter: Who had what deck?

Girl Archer

For some reason, I just cannot imagine Minerva McGonagall being into any form of Divination :(

thorhammer

For some reason, I just cannot imagine Minerva McGonagall being into any form of Divination :(

Yes, but then there was this moment...

public_enemy.gif

FLizarraga

This thread is the BOMB! It just gets better and better! :D

One thing I don't agree with is that Ginny wasn't fleshed out in the books. In the movies, definitely not, but in the books she's given the right amount of attention. For several books she sort of faded into the woodwork just because Harry (who's the point of view character) does not pay a lot of attention to her except as a part of his surrogate family, the Weasleys. But we're given all the pertinent info.

And, by the way, we're never told that she's pretty. We do know that she's smart (without being particularly bookish), that she's good at sports, and that she has a major rebellious streak (and probably her mother's temper) and goes through boyfriends like a knife through butter. In short, she's a firebrand of a girl, a sort of teenage feminist icon.... Well, I think I embarrassed myself enough. I better shut up. Y'all can tell I'm a Rowlingnite.... ;)

Dolores Umbridge - sorry, you're all wrong. She's a stickler for rules, so RWS clones are her bag. When she reads for herself (well, when she spies on everyone else), she uses the Baroque Bohemian Cats (my sympathies, greggers) and they talk to her and whisper-meow all the gossip to her. She's particular friends with the 2 of Swords who she's always trying to corrupt, and criticises her for her dress being yellow (of course she has the first edition, and of course the dress should be pink!).

:bugeyed: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! You have ruined this deck for me forever!!!!!!! *runs screaming into the woods*

LindaMechele

This thread is the BOMB! It just gets better and better! :D
INORITE?! I'm loving it. I'm so glad so many have responded with such fantastical ideas.

One thing I don't agree with is that Ginny wasn't fleshed out in the books. ... We do know that she's smart (without being particularly bookish), that she's good at sports, and that she has a major rebellious streak (and probably her mother's temper) and goes through boyfriends like a knife through butter. In short, she's a firebrand of a girl, a sort of teenage feminist icon.... Well, I think I embarrassed myself enough. I better shut up. Y'all can tell I'm a Rowlinginte.... ;)
No! Don't shut up! I feel like you just laid down a challenge to reread the books, looking for Ginny. I'm an Aries, so you know I love that kinda' thing. Challenge accepted! (Of course...) Right after I finish Pratchett's Discworld. I'm only on Moving Pictures, so it'll be ... oh ... 2018.:joke:

:bugeyed: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! You have ruined this deck for me forever!!!!!!! *runs screaming into the woods*
YAHAHAHAHA! I just laughed so hard at that I scared the dogs.

thorhammer

Are spells a form of divination? I didn't know that!

Well, some perhaps (not that one), but my point was more that MacGonagall has a creative, imaginative, playful streak that totally gels with her using Tarot!

Holly doll

Molly Weasley would have the Housewives tarot, Fred & George would have a Gummi Bears tarot - enchanted to shout pithy put downs or insults at hapless querents, stashed away along with their Kilted Rubber Chicken tarot, they would also have the Transparent tarot - enchanted to vanish the card faces immediately after the cards were laid out.

Sirius would have the Casanova tarot hidden with the Manara,

Dumbledore would of course have a Visconti Szforza - after all, he helped with the design.

Professor Sprout would use the Herbal tarot, I could see Prof. Snape shuffling his Hermetic tarot & mumbling about GD practices, along with Uncle Al's unfortunate appropriations of his theories as he wandered the corridors, Scabior would probably have a Zombie tarot that directly contacts Voldemort.

Moaning Myrtle would have a Ghosts & Spirits, as well as a oujia board in her cistern.

Gilderoy Lockhart I can see using the Gilded Tarot - the characters are as pretty as himself ;), Lavender Browne would have the entire Doreen Virtue collection which causes other students to refuse to share her room due to the constant fairy/candy floss eruptions from the decks - no spell reversals will work on these decks!!!

Prof. Lupin has a Tyldewick tarot - kept with his gramophone & vintage records, while Hagrid would be a fan of the Wild Unknown or the Wormweird, along with the Fantastical Creatures - enchanted to interact & prance around his cabin.

Prof. McGonagall would have a Tarot Art Nouveau hidden away in her pocket as she was acquainted with some of the models when she was a young witch in training, along with a Quantum Tarot just for some light divination...

thorhammer

Holly doll - ooh, I like the Quantum for MacGonagall!!!

Holly doll

Here's a few more,

I think Madam Hooch is a Steampunk tarot girl - Moore/Fell of course...

Sybil Trelawny would have a Deviant Moon on her shelf - she loves the effect those eyeglasses have on the cards ;)

Alastor Moody would maybe have the Ritual Abuse tarot somewhere close by

Narcissa Malfoy would pack a Samhain Deck of the Bastard in her cauldron

Bellatrix uses a Deck of the Dead alongside her Ludy Lescott

Lucius Malfoy would have a Ltd. edition Dali Tarot to keep beside his Golden Klimt tarot (all of those pained & twisted figures you see - they keep him smug & smirking wickedly - he'd love to see Harry, Hermione & Ron as figures on the Klimt tarot })

I agree with everyone else - the Giger for Mouldy Voldy

Dolores Umbridge would have a copy of every deck ever released - but under lock & key, after all, rules MUST be followed & ANY deviation leads to severe punishment... "I must NOT use ANY meanings other the the LWB, otherwise I will be punished!!!" })