has anyone ever posed the same question to two different decks?

rosariangoddess

has anyone ever posed the same question to two different decks? like getting a second opinion of another person on the same question? if so, what have your experiences been? if anyone has done this, has it ever given you the opportunity to see the anwers more deeply?

Nytebugg

I've done it. sometimes you will get some of the same cards. For me I usually get the same type of answer just delivered differently.
I really want to use the VR and the BG to do kind a known and the unknown sort of look at the same question. I may have to try that today.

rosariangoddess

i think i may try that myself. two different decks; second opinion. i was just wondering about all of that. now, the vr and the bg together, THAT sounds veryyyyyyy interesting to say the least! i would think that would be an awesome combination of decks to use! thanks for giving me the nudge to try the two deck thing myself ;)

gregory

Yes. I get different cards and the same message (I don't use generic meanings so this CAN happen !)

CelestialHorse

I have and gotten similar answers. :)

pyrogyne

Yes, I've done that, a number of times; it's usually when I have a hard time interpreting a reading or a portion of a reading, so I pull out a second deck and do the same reading.

Usually the second reading turns out to be a confirmation of the first, and sometimes easier for me to understand. Sometimes, though, I just confuse myself further. Once in while, I get contradictory answers, but very rarely.

cheers,
pyrogyne

rosariangoddess

thanks for the info everyone! i have had confusing answers from a deck sometimes; didn't know if it would be useful to use another deck. but, seeing how everyone had positive experiences using a second opinion, so to speak, even as a clarifier, i will definitely try this.

Carla

I don't think there's much point in doing it on a regular basis, because you almost always get a similar answer. It's interesting to do as an experiment, though. :)

bellathebrave123

I have, at times overlaid an entire spread using a different deck. It helps to expand and clarify at times. I love to look for the relationships between the cards.

rosariangoddess

overlaying an entire deck to clarify..i think i will try this. when i have more time. i never thought of doing that. i think that would be very interesting to view!