Has anyone ever..?

TwistedBunny4387

I remember back when I had first started with my tarot cards I would get REALLY tired or hungry after I was done using them, not anymore though. I was just wondering if anyone has ever felt that before?

53rdspirit

I do not become terribly tired nor hungry; however, when I am reading for clients, I become very, very thirsty and must keep a glass/bottle of water with me. I drink water like the dickens when I read for others and this does not only apply to in-person readings. I can do a reading for someone online where I am not physically talking to them and I still dry right up.

Now on the other hand, spellwork makes me hungry afterwards, not thirsty --go figure. :)

TwistedBunny4387

Ohh yahh spellwork would leave me feeling drained and in need of a good power nap or just extremely lazy! At the moment now when I'm reading for too long i get headaches that's the only thing I've noticed o:! So odd that you get thirsty ^^

ann823

I've had that happen when learning new things or things that require a different way of thinking. The brain uses 80% of the glucose in your body so it would make sense that if your brain was working harder you'd get hungry-and tired.

Libra8ca

I've also noticed that if I do a lot of readings then I feel a bit drained; more than if I was reading a book for example. It feels like it uses up some type of mental energy; not sure why that is.

amethyst57

get abit hungry and thirsty after readings...and notice a drop in blood sugar, after a longer reading or a couple in a row,etc...our brains do run on mostly sugar,only logical we'd get hungry and/or thirsty...we are exercising our brains, should eat some better longer-lasting carbs beforehand, before we read the cards...

kfk

I always have a glass of water in hand so I couldn't tell if I need more water during and after a reading but it does seem that people are thirsty and hungry after running a lot of energy. Most rituals,spells and reading would fall into that catagory.

I have had a hand in feeling and hydrating 50Plus people after a ritual and they consume more food than they do at other times.

Also when I have a massage client it always goes better if I hydrate before the massage.For some reason it helps me to know what areas to concentrate on.

Amanda

When I was doing about 15-20 (fairly large, 9-12 card) readings in a row, I'd get up from my computer chair and literally fall over into the bed and go to sleep for the night. :laugh:

Oh, I don't really miss those days. I was going to college at the same time. :p

Little Hare

oh you bet!

I always keep water on hand, i also intentially ground myself to mother earth to stay focused

TwistedBunny4387

Amanda_04 said:
When I was doing about 15-20 (fairly large, 9-12 card) readings in a row, I'd get up from my computer chair and literally fall over into the bed and go to sleep for the night. :laugh:

Oh, I don't really miss those days. I was going to college at the same time. :p

That sounds SUPER exhausting o.o; kind of scary actually xD! Did you feel like you just got back from exercising? o: