Have you ever made a break from collecting?

VGimlet

I probably won't take a break, but like others have said, I am a lot more selective about what I buy now. I have slowed down considerably from when I started. :D I do buy a deck if it catches my interest, but I used to buy practically everything that came out. Not so much anymore.

Besides, the few times I took a short break, I ended up missing a few decks I would have liked to get. :p

DownUnderNZer

I cannot imagine 26 shelves let alone room upon room of Tarot cards as a collection!!!. :bugeyed: :bugeyed: :bugeyed:

Wish I was the only grand daughter to either of you! :D :D :D

And they would be looked after like children only perhaps in more of an air con environment with no humidity.

Even if I go into a crypt, only unlike the Egyptians, there would be no gold or treasure - just photos, books, music, and Tarot etc.

Ps Working on the piano.

PPs If my great grandmother had one put in her crypt - why can't I?!? :mad:

Neither my room nor my collection is as big as gregory's. ;) There are pics around in one of the storage threads in TT. Different configuration in a different location, but that should still give you an idea. I'll see if I can find those posts and link to them here.

Rodney

It is all much changed. I will post new ones in the morning, so don't worry, Rodney. It has got - worse ! But debra put me onto some WONDERFUL things from IKEA.

Debra

But debra put me onto some WONDERFUL things from IKEA.

IKEA's Alex low drawer units. Stackable.
That's how ahclem stores his substantial collection.
Hear that, Rodney? Ahclem and Ikea, both right up/down the road. ;-)

earthair

Tried to have a break from collecting, I even put a signature note here on AT 'please do not sell me any decks'...nobody took any notice! :joke:

gregory

IKEA's Alex low drawer units. Stackable.
That's how ahclem stores his substantial collection.
Hear that, Rodney? Ahclem and Ikea, both right up/down the road. ;-)
Mine aren't stacked. Two, on wheels, to add to everything I had. Now the NEXT time I am in trouble that trouble WILL mean spilling out of the room, as nothing will stack - we are talking VERY low sloping ceiling here. I used to be able to sit in there to read. It is JUST possible now, but not like it used to be.

The various bits are preparing to pose for you all. Back later.

Oh. You may have to wait as Sir is going to do some work in there (he has been going to make me a few more very small shelves to fill the Last Available Wall Space...)

So for now, here's how it was a while before the day things got complicated and debra suggested the IKEA stuff (mine are black.) Two of them are now in the centre of the room and wheel around as required to give me access to the other bits, and there are also some of their white wall units next to the tallboy, as that chest of drawers from his sister turned out to be a disastrous idea. All those photo albums are long gone, replaced by decks and books...

ACTUALLY - his back isn't up to it all.So I did a quick tidy and - here you go; the current situation.

EmpyreanKnight

Since I was given my first Tarot deck a bit more than a decade ago, I have only very sporadically added to my collection. There would be years in which I would not buy anything at all, though I would sometimes ogle at some decks I see online. It was only since September of this year that I again went on a buying frenzy that still shows no sign of abating.

I do plan to impose a Tarot buying moratorium by summer next year though. I'm beginning to think that this is quickly turning into something compulsive and avaricious, and I feel that I am neglecting the decks I just bought. By then I might have to skip the Tarot Deck forums to avoid temptation, there are just so many enablers there. ;)