Have you ever predicted wrongly?

gregory

What she said :D

WalesWoman

The cards were right, I interpreted them wrongly, reading into it what I hoped the outcome to be rather than what really happened... which in retrospect was exactly what happened.

Ravenstongue

gregory said:
You mean you'd never do a general reading ? :eek: That's the sort I mostly seem to end up with....

No, a general reading is a question. What I mean is that I'll never do a reading for a question which is not known by me.

Ravenstongue

WalesWoman said:
The cards were right, I interpreted them wrongly, reading into it what I hoped the outcome to be rather than what really happened.

Ditto

Libra8ca

WalesWoman said:
The cards were right, I interpreted them wrongly, reading into it what I hoped the outcome to be rather than what really happened... which in retrospect was exactly what happened.

I've had that happen a few times too! You learn to be more open and intuitive and less fixed with your interpretations. :)

gregory

Ravenstongue said:
No, a general reading is a question. What I mean is that I'll never do a reading for a question which is not known by me.
Not arguing, just asking - if I say please do a general reading - that is a question, even if I have something on my mind that bugs me which I sort of hope you will pick up?

I am interested, is all, as I almost always ask for general readings - I can never think of a specific question, but there is usually something I hope to hear about - though I'd rather the cards decided if I need to. If that makes sense ?

Ravenstongue

gregory said:
Not arguing, just asking - if I say please do a general reading - that is a question, even if I have something on my mind that bugs me which I sort of hope you will pick up?

I am interested, is all, as I almost always ask for general readings - I can never think of a specific question, but there is usually something I hope to hear about - though I'd rather the cards decided if I need to. If that makes sense ?

Makes sense to me. I often ask for a general reading even though I have an ulterior motive - maybe something I hope or fear will happen.

I think that if you're going to ask for a general reading then that is probably what you'll get, especially if someone else is doing the reading. It may be a bit much to hope that the Reader will be able to pick it out but who knows - maybe they're that good.

If there is a sneaking hope that whatever is bugging you will somehow be answered in the general reading then it may or may not be. If it's bugging you strongly enough then I imagine it would be. But why not just ask the question outright then you'll get a specific answer to it? I find that forcing myself to phrase a question can help the mind to formulate an answer, either aided by the cards or not.

Asking for a general reading is still asking a question of the cards. If you have an unvoiced question in mind then that's fine too. The answer might even be teased out of the general reading. However, have you ever had someone ask you for a reading with a specific question in mind expecting an answer but refuses to tell you what that question is? That's where I draw the line :).

gregory

Ravenstongue said:
However, have you ever had someone ask you for a reading with a specific question in mind expecting an answer but refuses to tell you what that question is? That's where I draw the line :).
Not as such; the closest I have come was someone who had drawn three cards and what she got bothered her so much that she asked me if I would read them - just to see what I got without knowing the question. This was someone, a damn good reader, who I have a lot of time for, so I did.

Nytebugg

I have a friend who likes to have me read for her over the phone and she never tells me the question. She says I have been accurate on the current energy. at first I was really uncomfortable with it but with time it got better. She takes every reading with a grain of salt anyway.

Gypsyspell

I can relate way to what Major Tom has said, Plus I don't think it is always the reader or the cards at fault-SOME- of the sitters would prefer to hear just what they want to....
Fear of the future , wishes, desires, (eg does he love me?) Also that vulnerability of exposing their real selves eg...

The conditioning we are all brought up with, to mask our true feelings-so you tell everyone you are 'fine' even if you are not....this has been present for me in sitters who are afraid of what you may see in their lives....

I think at times, the difference between a good reading and an accurate one is percieved as the fairytale type ending! If the sitter is able to walk away thinking ..."And they lived happily ever after,"...........they are content and are certainly (to me) note: certainly not all people all the time) searching ultimately for this.....no effort on their part also....I don't wish to be mean-----hang on a minute i may tell it like it is.................................